Bookcase Tour 2016


{ B l o g m a s :: day sixteen }

I posted my first bookcase tour last Summer but it's changed multiple times since then! I used to have a three-shelved bookcase made from warm-toned wood which didn't suit me, my books or my décor style at all so I've since invested in two white bookcases from Ikea. A Billy bookcase replaced the one from my old post & I also got this tall bookcase that I've placed up against the side of my wardrobe. I did used to store my contemporary books on the Billy bookcase but I swapped them over to the bigger one recently because I needed the space! I've gotten rid of a ton of books recently and I've only kept my real favourites which all fit on it perfectly.


Shelf One :: My favourite series.
This is the shelf that never changes! On the left I have the entire Harry Potter series including Quiddich Through The Ages and Fantastic Beasts & Where to Find Them. I do also have The Tales of Beedle the Bard but it's on display on another shelf. Next to the HP books I have The Hunger Games trilogy, the Lord of the Rings trilogy and The Infernal Devices trilogy. Decoration-wise I have a few crystals dotted around as well as my wand, a replica of Harry's Hogwarts letter, my Slytherin pin and a lil Jon Snow.

Shelf Two :: Contemporary rainbow.
Visually this is my favourite collection of books! I have all of my contemporaries here organised in colour order. They're almost exclusively YA, aside from Girl, Interrupted which is a non-fiction memoir. I'm considering moving 7 Days by Eve Ainsworth to the yellow section because it looks odd with the greens but it looks too green when it's with the yellows! As décor I have a few crocheted Pokemons, my ring holder and a pink candle. Preeeetty.

Favourites from this shelf ::  Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell, Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell and Am I Normal Yet? by Holly Bourne.
Shelf Three :: YA series & a few stand-alones.
This shelf is a bit of a mishmash of both incomplete and complete series as well as a few stand-alones which couldn't find a home else where. I have the entire Divergent series and the entire Selection series as well as the first three books from The Mortal Instruments and the first two books of the ACOTAR series. Asking For It by Louise O'Neill, Carry On by Rainbow Rowell and The Cursed Child are sat here because they're hardbacks and they look ugly anywhere else. Does anyone else hate hardbacks? Bleh.
Shelf Four :: More series...
I do have a soft spot for the Twilight books, you know. I reread them recently and they're screaming out for some feminism but they were so important to me as a teen that I just can't part with them. I bought myself Life and Death this year and I thought it was terrible but I still finished it within like two days. Next to my Twilight books I have a trilogy by PC Cast that I also loved as a teenager as well as Game of Thrones (which I still haven't read, oops), Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Golden which is one of my all-time faves and another set of LOTR because I'm a sucker.

Shelf Five :: The books I don't read but still keep because I'm a hoarder.
Finally, the last dregs of my bookcase! I kid, I kid. On this shelf I mainly have ~sexy books~ and Luke's graphic novels. I also have Bridget Jones's Diary down here which I feel like I should read soon (?) because I've had it for ages but still haven't picked it up. On the far left is a copy of Tom Daley's autobiography which he signed when I met him in Cribbs Causeway a few years ago, and a copy of KSI's book which is also signed. I bought Luke and my brother tickets to meet him last year and they got a free copy of his book with them.

Aaaand that's it! I love the way they all look together now, especially the contemporary shelf which is one of things I'm most proud of in life. ~



7 comments

  1. Wow. I am so jealous right now. Your bookshelves are amazing, and I love how organised they are! You can really see how much thought you've put into them. I am definitely feeling a massive bookshelf overhaul coming on this weekend now...haha! x www.aimeeraindropwrites.co.uk x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cool! Harry Potter and The Infernal Devices are my favorite series too :) You did so well in making this bookcase beautiful!
    Steph x. Hello, Steph Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love your bookcase and it's nice to know that I am not the only one with a soft spot for the Twilight series :) xx

    Yasmina | The July Journal

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG those knitted pokemon!! How cute are they? I might ask my mum to knit me one xx

    Sam // What I Know Now

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pokemon and books what a great mix. I love that your second shelf has a rainbow effect going on. I didn't realize how many books I truly owned until I finally got a billy bookcase and filled it without effort. =^-^=

    Sam | Momentarily Dreaming

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this! And yes rainbow contemporary is my fave too! It makes me think about the colours/cover styles we associate with different genres

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love all the color! I love how you included some crochet Pokemon onto your bookshelf. Did you make them? ♥

    mooeyandfriends.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! Please feel free to leave your links - I'm always on the look out for new blogs to read xo