The Sunday Post 18

{ B l o g m a s :: day eighteen }

It's a week until Christmas!! I genuinely cannot believe how quickly December has whizzed by but I'm also kind of grateful for it. I won't lie - I'm struggling right now, but I'm working on it. I'm getting by. I'm going to be just fine. To prove this - both to you and to myself - I'm going to list some happy things that happened this week.


1. The sunset on Sunday evening was incredible. I'm not sure if I've ever said this but I actually write my Sunday Post on a Saturday so the things I talk about end up spanning from Saturday - Saturday instead of Sunday - Sunday. This is just so that I can get the post up in the morning and I don't have to deal with the pressure and anxiety of writing a post on the day it goes up. I just find this works best for me and my brain! Aaaanyway, my point was that the sunset on Sunday was so beautiful and filled with colours including pink, purple, orange and blue.

2. We put up the Christmas tree! Our theme this year is 'rustic' and our tree is adorned with rough wood carvings, tartan hearts, mini birdhouses and red and gold shiny baubles.
3. My brother got a gift card from college because of his improving attendance and he spent it all on an Asuna Pop! Vinyl for me. Of course I burst into tears when he gave it to me.

4. I started watching Clannad. If you couldn't already guess, my brother is the person that got me into anime and after a week of persistent needling, I've finally given in and have started watching Clannad. It was a little confusing for me at first but I love the art style and all of the girls with their hair. I loooooove anime hair. I couldn't really tell you what it's about because that's the main thing that's been confusing me about it but I like all of the characters and I've actually been laughing out loud during it which is quite a feat! Tomoya is so funny at times, his sense of humour is so dry and sarcastic. I've finished season one already but am yet to start the After Story.
5. I got some Lush Christmas bath bombs. My final Lush haul of the year! I'd begun to panic about the fact I'd only tried a few bath bombs from the Christmas collection this year so Luke picked some up for me when he was in town with my Dad on Monday. I chose Butterbear, So White and Luxury Lush Pud plus Luke treated me to Mistletoe because he thought I'd like it. I also got him to pick up a Golden Wonder but it's actually for him and I've tucked it safely into his stocking, heh. Also - how pretty are the bags in Lush right now?! I'm going to frame mine!

6. Luke & I chose our new decoration. Luke and I have a tradition where we'll pick out a new special bauble each year. In 2014 we chose one from M&S, last year we didn't manage it because I was unwell, but this year we got two from Sainsburys. They're mini snow globes on sheer silver ribbon and there's a polar bear inside one and a penguin inside the other. Our rule for choosing the bauble is to both see which one catches our eye first and funnily enough it was the snow globe! We couldn't decide between the polar bear and penguin though so we just got both to fill-in for the fact we didn't get one last year.

7. I made a sneaky Body Shop order. So I was watching Sarah's Vlogmas on Friday night and she mentioned the insane 50% off deal The Body Shop was currently running so I hopped on over to the website real quick and ended up placing a mammoth skincare order. One of my biggest goals for 2017 is to really invest time and money into my skincare routine and I ended up buying two cleansers, an eye make-up remover, a moisturiser, a toner and a lip balm all for £24 reduced from £48! I've wanted the two cleansers for bloody AGES (since reading about the silky cleansing oil on Charlotte's blog in 2014) and I'm so happy to finally have them.

Blog posts this week ::
Gifting | Bloom Candles
ACNL | Winter In Hogwarts
How I Organise My Blog
Self-Care At Christmas and How I Cope
Bookcase Tour 2016
Vegan Gingerbread Biscuits & Egg-Free Royal Icing

4 comments

  1. Siblings are the best! My sister bought me a bag of my favorite coffee that I've been eyeing. I promised myself that I would buy it after I finished Christmas shopping as a gift to myself (because it's expensive). She surprised me with it though and gave it to me as an early Christmas present! ♥

    mooeyandfriends.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw your brother is so cute! That sunset is amazing as well! Love these little posts of yours, keep doing them xx

    http://thriftyvintagefashion.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to hear how well you're doing at the moment! A good, gorgeous sunset always puts me in a good mood and so does putting up the Christmas tree! Ah it's finally here! Bless your brother, that's so sweet of him!

    I agree, the Lush Christmas selection is always amazing, you've got a lot of nice baths to look forward to it seems! Body Shop too - I love their massive sales! I can never resist one of their body butters!! And that bauble sounds gorgeous, that's such a sweet and nice tradition!

    JosieVictoriaa // Fashion, Travel & Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, that was so lovely of your brother! I'd have cried too, haha! That sunset is stunning too, nature really can be so beautiful at times! x www.aimeeraindropwrites.co.uk x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! Please feel free to leave your links - I'm always on the look out for new blogs to read xo