Lush Shoot For The Stars

{ B l o g m a s :: day twenty one }

Another Sunday has passed, another Lush bath has been had. This time I used Shoot For The Stars!

Shoot For The Stars is another bath bomb Lush redesigned this year and it's another that I prefer much more this time around. The previous design was similar in colour but it's a lot more vibrant this time and the stars are actually made from solid glittery oil. The scent is the same as it has been in previous years - a little bit creamy, a little bit fruity. It contains Brazilian orange oil which contributes to the 'chocolate honey orange' and there's also three separate moisturising ingredients - coconut cream, almond oil and fair-trade cocoa butter - which add a comforting, creamy layer to the smell.
It's a pretty basic one, bath-art-wise, but it's still pretty exciting. It begins to dissolve quickly when you drop it into the water and the colour is immediately vibrant. It's a gorgeous sea-like blue-green that is literally packed with glitter. As the bomb itself dissolves it releases the oil stars into the water which look soooo pretty. They take a little while to disappear completely but look hella cute in an Instagram photo.
Due to the moisturising ingredients it is a great one for dry skin, despite the abundance of glitter. If anything I found it too moisturising but after using a body scrub and physically massaging the oil into my skin whilst still in the bath it was more manageable.
Overall I really enjoyed Shoot For The Stars! I'll definitely pick up another before they're out of stores if I get a chance. You can buy Shoot For The Stars for £4.25 online or in-store. It's suitable for vegetarians and vegans.
 
Have you seen my other Lush reviews? They're all available under this handy Lush tag.

4 comments

  1. I've seen this bath bomb all over Instagram and it's my favorite! The color looks beautiful and the stars makes the water look dreamy. If only there was a Lush store near me.... ♥

    mooeyandfriends.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh I love the sound of this. I have quite dry skin on my body so this would be perfect for me, I ones that have lovely natural and moisturising ingredients, as well as the sound of chocolate orange scent!! YES! It also looks really pretty and I just love using Lush bath bombs!

    JosieVictoriaa // Fashion, Travel & Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, this bath bomb looks stunning. I love bath bombs that turn the water blue the most; this one looks perfect for me! The stars a nice extra touch. x www.aimeeraindropwrites.co.uk x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a gorgeous bath bomb! I definitely need to invest in more bath bombs and spend more time unwinding in the bath x

    Abi | abistreetx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! Please feel free to leave your links - I'm always on the look out for new blogs to read xo