Wreck This Journal #5


I've been feeling really nostalgic towards my blog at the moment. I think it's because last A/W was when What Lauren Did Today began to flourish as a lifestyle blog, and I created a few seasonal series to celebrate Christmas. I'm planning on re-creating several posts from last year, so maybe that's where the feeling is coming from. BUT one thing I do miss a lot about my blog last year was posting about my Wreck This Journal. Not gonna lie, it has been gathering dust since my last post, which was December last year! I KNOW. It's terrible. But a little while ago I was having a read of Bee's blog and I suddenly remembered it. A few hours later, and I have two pages to show you today!

 Sample Various Substances In Your Home. Document What They Are. I have a thing about using make-up in my Wreck This Journal. I did lipstick kiss samples for my stain log (as seen in this post) and decided that as the 'substances' I would document my current make-up bag. The right page is covered in my actual make-up bag contents, including my foundation, mascara, lipsticks and a mini Lush charity pot. I feel like it's quite diary-like as well as being fun to look at. On the right page I simply swatched the three MUA eyeshadow palettes I have.
Cover This Page In Office Supplies. This task was supposed to be spread out across two pages but I didn't like what I did on the other page, so I tore it out. I wouldn't usually do something like that and it did stress me out a little but I feel like it was a very Wreck This Journal thing to do. ANYWAY, onto what I did. I bought a set of washi tapes in Sainsburys the other day for 75p (!!) and thought they were so pretty, so decided to stripe them across the page. It's hella messy and most of the lines aren't straight and some of the tape has creases in, but I kind of like it that way. It irritates me to no end, but again, I feel like it's okay because Wreck This Journal-ing is supposed to make you feel a bit uncomfortable, right? Finally, just for a bit of added cuteness and layering, I popped one of my business cards on top and secured it with two strips of tape.
 
What do you think of these two pages? I actually LOVE them. I think they look really pretty, interesting and quite girly which I like. If you'd like to see the other WTJ pages I've completed, check out: part one, part twopart three & part four. But please don't judge me on how poor my photography used to be haha!
 

7 comments

  1. This is so cool. I have a slight addiction to buying pretty washi tape but never know what to do with it. I love this idea.

    Roxie x
    The Beautiful Bluebird

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe those Washi tapes are from Sainsburys! Will need to keep an eye out as they're so cute. I love the idea of Wreck This Journal, I've been meaning to buy one for years now xx

    Charlotte / Colours & Carousels

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Wreck this Journal posts! I remember thinking the lipstick stain log was fantastic. I like that the makeup trend continued, haha!

    And omg those washi tape patterns. Sooo cute.

    Peace & Love // Celestralite

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks like such a fun book.. perfect for when you're feeling bored and have nothing to do!!
    Rachel Coco

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great post - would love to see more posts about your "Wreck this Journal." I don't own a "Wreck this Journal" but have thought about getting one as it really looks like such a fun project!

    Rae | Love from Berlin

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this post! I haven't picked up my wreck this journal in over a year, I'm now inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all the samples of your makeup. It's such a fun and unique way to take a snapshot of your life as it is now. I really like the idea of Wreck this Journal and imagine I would love it a lot, so will need to have a look into it. Li x
    rubyrubyslippers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! Please feel free to leave your links - I'm always on the look out for new blogs to read xo