Top 10 Harry Potter Book Quotes



" Never trust anything that can think for itself if you can't see where it keeps its brain." - Arthur Weasley, The Chamber of Secrets.
 
"The world isn't split into good people and Death Eaters." - Sirius Black, The Order of the Phoenix.

"Of course it's happening inside your head, Harry. But why on earth should that mean that it isn't real?" - Albus Dumbledore, The Deathly Hallows.
 
"There's no need to call me sir, Professor." - Harry Potter, The Half-Blood Prince.
 
"Do not pity the dead, Harry. Pity the living." - Albus Dumbledore, The Deathly Hallows.
 
"You're just as sane as I am." - Luna Lovegood, The Order of the Phoenix.
 
"Weasley is our king." - Slytherin house, The Order of the Phoenix.
 
"I'm not going to be murdered." Harry said outloud. "That's the spirit, dear." said his mirror sleepily. - The Prisoner of Azkaban.
 
"Yeah, Quirrel was a great teacher. There was just that minor drawback of him having Lord Voldemort sticking out the back of his head." - Harry Potter, The Order of the Phoenix.
 
"Words are, in my not-so-humble opinion, our most inexhaustible source of magic." - Albus Dumbledore, The Philosphers Stone.
 
I'm just reading back through this list and it's funny, because The Order of the Phoenix was my least favourite Harry Potter book for such a long time. And yet nearly half of my favourite quotes are from there! I really love all of these quotes though. Some of them are funny, some of them are symbolic to the character and some of them are just truly beautiful and wise. Of course I love all of the iconic quotes such as "You're a wizard, Harry" and "It's Levi-OH-sa, not Levi-oh-SA" but I feel like everyone knows about those. I wanted to share some that people who haven't read the books probably don't know about. To be honest, that makes me love these quotes even more. I also haven't listed these quotes in any specific way, I love them all equally.

What's your favourite Harry Potter quote? Is it in my list? Let me know in the comments!
 

9 comments

  1. thank you for compiling these quotes! all of dumbledore's are probably my most favourite. have a great start to the week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm currently re-reading Harry Potter with my finace (his first time reading the serious :O ) and I completely forgot what amazing quotes the movies neglect. One that always struck a cord with me was "It takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to our enemies, but just as much to stand up to our friends" Albus Dumbledore (Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone)
    It'sMyLife

    ReplyDelete
  3. aaaah i will love Harry Potter forever and forever. I think I have read every single book at least three times. I love all of dumbledore's quotes and words in their talks at the end of every book.

    lifeisashoe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww love all these quotes, Harry Potter is really the best. It actually has such great quotes, some of them are so meaningful that it's surprising there in a children's book x

    vvnightingale.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahh, you have chosen some of my favourite quotes!! <3 "Of course it's happening inside your head, Harry. But why on earth should that mean that it isn't real?" is definitely up there in my top 5 :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. " Your just as sane as I am" is my face! Got to love Luna!!! I might do this post on my blog!!!

    http://thriftyvintagefashion.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. "There's no need to call me sir, Professor." is my great aha. Can't beat a good list of Harry Potter quotes. Had me feeling all nostalgic and happy/sad at the same time...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think I need to reread the series. A quote that always stuck out to me was “Things we lose have a way of coming back to us in the end, if not always in the way we expect.” - Luna

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think I need to reread the series. A quote that always stuck out to me was “Things we lose have a way of coming back to us in the end, if not always in the way we expect.” - Luna

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! Please feel free to leave your links - I'm always on the look out for new blogs to read xo