Swan Lake | Bristol Hippodrome


As I'm sure you can imagine, I was very excited when a pair of tickets to see the Swan Lake ballet by the Russian State Ballet Company was found amongst my Christmas presents. I've wanted to go the ballet for such a long time, and seeing Swan Lake has always been a kind of unrealistic dream. I've always been fascinated by ballet, and after seeing the albeit kind of bad movie Black Swan, I became a lot more intrigued.


Swan Lake was beautiful. To be honest, a few of the dancers weren't particularly good, but the Swan Queen... she blew my mind. She was absolutely exquisite. My favourite parts of the show were the ones that she was in, or the Swans. It was so elegant and graceful and just beautiful. Seeing something so amazing happen right in front of you is kind of surreal, especially because they had an orchestra which were brilliant, too.
 
I'm not sure if I'll go and see another ballet show but I definitely want to go to the Hippodrome to catch a show sometime. The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time is coming to Bristol in August, so I might try and get tickets as I read that book back in October. Either way, seeing the ballet has ticked something off of my bucket list.
 
Some advice to some other first-time ballet goers: read the programme before it starts. I had no idea what was going on through-out the first two acts, but after reading the programme during the interval it all made sense. Also, bring a bottle of water, if you can. Save your money for the popcorn and ice cream!
 


6 comments

  1. I would love to see a ballet!! I'm not even sure if we have any place around here where they perform!

    Renee
    www.losetheroad.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was really lucky to go, as I wanted to go a few years ago and they weren't back in Bristol until recently! x

      Delete
  2. I've never seen a ballet but I saw Swan Lake on ice for my 9th birthday and it was DIVINE. Such an amazing story too :) xx

    Little Miss Katy | UK Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so lovely. The Swan Queen was stunning! x

      Delete
  3. I'd love to see swan lake- it sounds amazing! :) my best friend and I are going to the ballet next month- we're seeing Edward Scissorhands and the Birmingham Hippodrome and I am so excited! I've never seen the ballet before, so thanks for your tip about the programme, I'll definitely be investing haha.
    Sarah xxx
    www.imaginedreamwrite.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I hope you enjoy it! The programme is kinda expensive (mine as £6) but it was totally worth it haha! x

      Delete

Thank you for commenting! Please feel free to leave your links - I'm always on the look out for new blogs to read xo