Superdrug Brightening Hot Cloth Cleanser


When making the switch over to become Cruelty Free, I wrote a list of all the things that I would like to replace, like my moisturiser, deodorant etc. (my shampoo, shower gel and bath products are all already CF as they're all from Lush) And one of the most important things to me was to swap over my skincare, starting with a cleanser, and after a little research online, I decided on the Superdrug Brightening Hot Cloth Cleanser.


I loved the sound of this cleanser because of the 'hot cloth' part in the name. It sounded quite indulgent, like it was a bit more special than just applying and rinsing using my hands. This cleanser comes with it's own muslin cloth, which you soak into hot water once you've cleansed to remove all of the product. I thought this was a really nice touch, and the cloth is abrasive enough to give a really good, clean feeling after use without leaving my sensitive skin sore.
 
The cleanser itself has the look of a thick lotion, almost like a heavy-duty moisturiser. It smells a lot like soap, but it isn't overpowering. It does lead me to question how good this is for my skin, though, as soap changes the natural PH of your skin and can leave it feeling really tight, which this cleanser did do for me. Sorry to go all science-y on you then, but it's just something I learned in college! (I studied Beauty Therapy & Skincare for two years)
 
After using this for just over two weeks, I'm noticing such a great difference in my skin. Besides the tightness (which goes away after I've moisturised), it feels SO soft and clean. It's really cleared up the congestion I had, and a lot of the redness on my cheeks has calmed down. My dry skin has been really helped too, which I think is because of the gentle exfoliation I get from the muslin cloth.
 
This cleanser is available online and in Superdrug stores, for £5.99. This product is also suitable for vegetarians and vegans.
 

2 comments

  1. I've tried a scrub from this range but I'd never seen the hot cloth cleanser, will definitely keep an eye out for it! x

    Charlotte / coloursandcarousels

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really want to try out the scrub, too! x

      Delete

Thank you for commenting! Please feel free to leave your links - I'm always on the look out for new blogs to read xo