Using Crystals to Ease Anxiety


Tackling, managing and reducing my anxiety is something that I'm constantly working on. Whether that's through mindfulness techniques, facing my fears, crying in bed for an hour or simply by reading a positive quote. I do think that different techniques work for different people depending on what speaks to you on a mental and spiritual level, but today I thought I'd share something with you that I personally find helps with my anxiety: crystal therapy.

For as long as I can remember my mum has always worked with crystals to help with her depression. She also used to go to weekly reiki sessions in order to rebalance her chakras and has her cards read every now and again. I know that to some people it seems silly, but I genuinely believe in crystals and their healing energies and vibrations. Outside of that, though, the feeling of having a crystal in your hand and having something to focus your attention on during a moment of panic is very grounding. I have a piece of blue lace agate that I carry around with me sometimes and it has little ridges along one side of it - whenever I'm stressed I rub my thumb across this part of the stone and focus my attention on the way it feels against my skin. It's a very mindful exercise.
 
:: Amethyst ::
Amethyst is kind of a good-for-everything crystal. It promotes peace, spirituality and calm and is known to have strong cleansing and healing power. I've always been drawn to Amethyst mainly because it's my birthstone, but also because of it's benefits. I have a piece of rough Amethyst that lives by my bed, but you could also work with Amethyst as a tumble stone or wear it as jewellery on a chain, ring or earring.
 
:: Rose Quartz ::
Rose Quartz is the crystal of love. It ties with the heart chakra and helps dissolve emotional pain and fear. It has a soft energy that's really nurturing and caring and also helps promote self love and confidence. I love Rose Quartz and have several pieces of it - in rough form, as a thumb stone and as a pendulum. I think it's very pretty (mostly because of it's gorgeous pale pink colour) but I also love what it promotes and encourages.
 
:: Blue Lace Agate ::
Blue Lace Agate is a crystal that I came upon myself without it being recommended to me by anyone. It's a very tranquil crystal and is very calming, encouraging and stimulating. Blue Lace Agate is also very clarifying for the mind, which is why I've chosen to work with it - my anxiety tells me a lot of negative, scary things and having this crystal with me helps me to separate my bad thoughts from the truth. I have a Blue Lace Agate tumble stone and I also have it on a necklace that I wear every single day.

These are the three crystals that I personally work with to reduce my anxiety, but I'd highly recommend stopping into a crystal stop and picking up each type of crystal individually to see which one speaks to you. It's not unusual to be literally repelled by a crystal - it's all down to the vibrations they give off. If you'd like me to do more posts based around crystal therapy - perhaps how I cleanse/keep my crystals or what crystals are good for certain things - then just let me know as I'd be more than happy to! But please just remember I'm not a professional!

6 comments

  1. This is completely up my street- I really want to develop my meditation into using crystals in my everyday life! I would love to know any places you would recommend picking some up

    moremindfulyou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really interesting. I suffer with depression and anxiety and take medication etc. But I'd never heard of using crystals to help. I'd love to read more about this if you do decide to post more! I'll be popping into a crystal shop to see which ones might work for me, too, soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the idea of using crystals. I have a worry stone that actually does help with worrying when I rub it but I haven't ventured out into crystals yet! I'd love some more posts on crystals!

    Renee | Lose The Road

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow this is really really interesting! I'd have never thought to do something like this to help me when I'm suffering from an anxiety attack but you've really intrigued me. A crystal store literally just opened in my town a few weeks back so I definitely need to drop in and have a look around x
    Aisling | Aislings beauty bytes

    ReplyDelete
  5. I find this so intriguing. I have read so much around crystals and meditation helping with anxiety, I'd love to know more to really try and use it to help everyday life!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never looked into this properly, but I definitely find it intriguing. I've been wanting to get some crystals for a while - would be interesting in hearing more of your thoughts on them! Amethyst is my birthstone too, and I've always been drawn to it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! Please feel free to leave your links - I'm always on the look out for new blogs to read xo