New To The Shelves 03


 Hihi! Welcome to my second book haul of 2016. It's been a while since I bought a bunch of books in a short space of time - I've generally been picking them up here and there whenever I've come across one I like the look of - but recently I had a little splurge on Amazon (and an even smaller one in Tesco) and thought I'd share it with ya.

The Crown by Kiera Cass | As the final book in a series I've been reading on repeat for about two years, of course I bought and read The Crown. Annoyingly I really didn't enjoy it, but I don't regret buying it - the collection looks much prettier on my bookshelf now that it's completed! If you like books about fictional royalty, or are just looking for something girly and light-hearted then I definitely recommend the Selection series though. I've actually reviewed all five books (The Selection Trilogy | The Heir | The Crown) in detail so check those out!
 
Milk and Honey by Rupi Kaur | I actually discovered Rupi Kaur's poetry on Pinterest and when I realised she had a poetry collection out in paperback I decided it was time to expand my horizons and introduce a different genre to my bookshelf. I've always wanted to be the kind of person that read and enjoyed poetry but until I found Rupi Kaur it all seemed a bit stuffy and pretentious. This book is split into four chapters and each contain truly beautiful poems that deal with or relate to each of the chapter headings. I think I might write up a whole other post dedicated completely to Milk and Honey as I feel it's something that every woman should read!
How Not To Disappear by Clare Furniss | I picked this book up on a whim when I was in Tesco recently. I was just browsing the YA section and saw something in the blurb of this book that jumped out at me - the main character is pregnant. I rarely see YA books that deal with pregnancy but I find it fascinating as it's a very real thing that happens every day. I've only read the first two chapters of this book so I can't give you much of an opinion on it yet!
 
Under Rose Tainted Skies by Louise Gornall | I've been waiting for this book to be released for what feels like for e v e r. I think I first heard about it back in January and I instantly put it onto my wishlist as the main character has agoraphobia, which is a fear of going outside. Agoraphobia is a distinct and annoying part of my own anxiety so I was really looking forward to seeing how this book was going to handle and present it. I'm actually about three-quarters into it but I haven't formed a solid opinion on it yet.

Have you read any of these books?

4 comments

  1. I have never heard/read these. I just went and read synopsis for How Not to Disappear and it sounds right up my street!

    katielou99.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard a bit about milk and honey before and it sounds really interesting. I know very little about poetry, it never seems to appeal but I'd love to get into it. xx

    www.bethanlikes.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I picked up Under Rose Tainted Skies recently too, can't wait to read it!

    How Not To Disappear sounds amazing, as you said it's rare to see a pregnant character in YA so I think I might have to check this one out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great haul! I've not read any of these but How Not To Disappear and Under Rose Tainted Skies sound really interesting! x www.aimeeraindropwrites.co.uk x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! Please feel free to leave your links - I'm always on the look out for new blogs to read xo