How To Use: Lush Bubble Bars




If there's one thing that confused me about Lush when I first discovered them, it was how their solid products worked. Bubble bars, shampoo bars, deodorant bars, massage bars... you name it, Lush has probably got it. Out of everything, the one thing that confused me the most were the bubble bars. According to the sales assistants in Lush, you're supposed to crumble a chunk of bubble bar under running water. But I don't have fancy taps that spout warm water - I have a hot tap and a cold tap and I didn't fancy sticking my hand under either of them. I've since worked out a few ways to use the bubble bars, and today I thought I'd share them with you!

Using your shower head.
Put the plug in your bath. Choose your bubble bar, break of a chunk and crumble it into the dry bath. I find it's best to crumble it up quite well, so that the little pieces are about the size of a jelly bean. Any bigger and it doesn't work as well. Once you've broken down all of your piece, turn your shower on and spray the pieces with water. It doesn't really matter what temperature - I find that my shower gives the best water pressure when the water is freezing cold, but it all depends on what your shower is like. After spraying for about a minute, turn the shower off and begin running your bath as normal. I find that the shower helps to 'activate' the bubble bar, and the running taps afterwards do the rest of the work!
Using a sieve.
This is my current method of choice, as it creates really lovely frothy bubbles. Simply break off a piece of bubble bar, pop it into a regular baking sieve and hold it under the running tap so that the water is gushing straight onto the bubble bar. I usually do this just before I want to turn on the cold tap. My cold tap has better water pressure compared to my hot tap, so I basically use the hot water to break down the bubble bar into the water and the cold water to create the bubbles afterwards! (My sieve is from Poundland.)
 
Of course the amount of bubbles that are created depends on what bubble bar you're using and how much of it you use. I don't like to have really bubbly baths, so often get 4-5 baths out of each bubble bar. However with things like the bubbleroons, Creamy Candy and the Sparkly Pumpkin I usually only get 2 baths out of each. I'm always so shocked when people say they've used a whole bubble bar just for one bath! It just makes Lush seem that much more expensive. (This isn't me throwing shade at the people that do this by the way, I just personally can't afford to use one per bath!)
 
Also, since we're on the subject, here's a complimentary list of all of the Lush bubble bars I have reviewed so far:
 
How do you use your Lush bubble bars? 

5 comments

  1. Oh this is so helpful! I really like the sieve idea - that's genius! I tend to just hold the full bar and stick just a little bit under the hot tap, or break it off and try to hold it as long as I can without getting my hand under the tap - not ideal haha! I manage to get quite a few baths out of mine too. I feel like I'm wasting it (and money!) otherwise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh I'm one of those people that uses one per bath unless they're really big of course but that's mostly just because I review so many. If I was just using them and not reviewing them I'd probably be much more economical about it haha. But I don't use either of these methods, so maybe I should give them a try! x

    vvnightingale.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. The sieve idea is so good, I`ll definitely try it. When I was leaving at the old house I used the shower, but now I live in a tiny flat where I only have a shower. Hopefully I`ll move by next year, I love my Lush baths.

    http://www.beautynerd.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll have to try the sieve method next time! I always try and get 2 or 3 uses out of bubble bar, but I do sometimes cave and just use it all! xx
    Chasing Belle 23

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really helpful! I never really use the bubble bars, I usually opt for a bath bomb but I feel like you get more for your money with these when you're re-using them so I need to try some soon! I will have to try out the sieve idea :)
    Jess x
    www.jesswill.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! Please feel free to leave your links - I'm always on the look out for new blogs to read xo