Christmas Gift Guide: Gifts for 90s Kids



We all love a bit of nostalgia don't we? At least I know I do, which would explain why I'm currently playing Spyro: Enter The Dragonfly on my old PlayStation 2 at the moment (those graphics tho). So today I thought I'd throw together a gift guide dedicated to all of the things I loved as a child. (I was going to add a Tamagotchi into this post but, ya know, most of us are now attempting to adult now and I know how hard it was looking after them at school, let alone at work.)


Mens Old School Gaming T-Shirt - £19.99, TruffleShuffle. I bloody love this T-Shirt. It just embodies my gaming-centered childhood. There's a Pokémon ball, a GameBoy, a Gamecube controller... plus several references to Mario. This is the men's version of this shirt, but they do have a women's one - I just prefer the men's because it's white and the women's is blue.
Spyro Print - £7.45, Etsy. Spyro and Crash Bandicoot were my games of choice as a child, so I love this minimalistic Spyro print that I found on Etsy. The picture itself is available in two different finishes - concrete and fade - so you can choose the kind of effect you'd like. This seller also offers a ton of other character prints - including Squirtle and Bulbasaur!
Gameboy iPhone Case - £5.99, eBay. This phone case is available for every generation of the iPhone, starting with the iPhone 4. It's a hard shell instead of being made from rubber/silicone which is something I always prefer in a phone case. And it looks like a Gameboy - need I say more?
Pokemon Gym Badge Set - £11.99, Amazon. This is definitely my favourite gift of the bunch, and something I've added onto my own Christmas wish-list! It's a set of the eight gym badges that Ash earns in Kanto, which is the region where Ash begins his journey. The badges come with safety backs and are presented in this cute case.
TY Beanie Unicorn Key Ring - £4.50, Claires. How different are the beanie babies nowadays?! I love the retro ones, but I also love how cute the new ones are. Hopefully these ones aren't stuffed with spiders eggs, though.
2 Pack of Scrunchies - £2.99, New Look. I had to make a nod to 90s fashion in this gift guide, didn't I?! I feel like these scrunchies would make a nice, understated 90s addition to an outfit - or you could just do a Carrie Bradshaw and use them to hold your hair back whilst you're washing your face.

I hope that you liked this gift guide! It was a lot of fun to put together. This is actually going to be my final gift guide this year, and also my final blog post until December 1st - I'm going to be doing Blogmas! Well, attempting to at least haha. 

Instagram | Twitter | Bloglovin | Pinterest | Goodreads

2 comments

  1. Omg how awesome is the Pokemon gym badge set!! I've recently just dug out the old gameboy color and am currently playing Pokemon red! haha i'm a teensy bit obsessed at the moment and I dont even care lol! Really great gift ideas here!

    Renee | Lose The Road

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post, saw the photo and instantly wanted almost everything. I've always wanted a set of Pokemon gym badges, might have to treat myself. Spyro was the best game, so many hours spent playing. =^-^=

    Sam | Momentarily Dreaming

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! Please feel free to leave your links - I'm always on the look out for new blogs to read xo