End of code

Tuesday, 10 May 2016

So, I Got A Fringe

{ Channelling that PLL-season-six-part-two Spencer Hastings vibe. }
 
I got my hair cut! Finally. I'd been meaning to get it done a little while ago (try six months) but I wasn't quite sure what I wanted done and with my mental health blip, my hair was the last thing on my mind. My side fringe had grown out and the length was getting a little too much for me to handle (I managed to get ketchup in it at Ikea the other day because I couldn't keep control of it) so last week, after scrolling Pinterest for hours and debating with my friend on Facebook messenger, I finally plucked up the courage to book an appointment with a local mobile hairdresser.

{ T H E C U T & C O L O U R }

I didn't get much cut off the length, just a little trim to keep it healthy, but I did get a fringe cut in! I was really specific about the kind of fringe I wanted because I didn't want to flashback to when I was little and rocked a full-on, heavy block fringe for about five years. I went for a thin-ish, 'casual', messy fringe that falls just to my eyebrow and I love it! I'm still messing about with my parting and the amount of volume I can infuse into the rest of my hair before I look like Russell Brand but I'm feeling super swish and refreshed. I dyed it a few shades darker to match my roots and then the hairdresser attempted to add some lighter tones to my hair (hence why I was in foils on Snapchat) but they didn't take as well as we'd have liked, so she's coming back next week to try again!
 

21 comments:

  1. Looks gorgeous! I've been toying with getting a fringe for a while now and I think you might have swayed me :)

    Claire | Vanity Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'd been thinking about it for a while too but I'm so glad in finally took the plunge! X

      Delete
  2. Your fringe really suits you Lauren, your hair looks lovely! I just don't have the face shape for a fringe but I wish I did

    Jess
    alrightblondie.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah it looks lovely Lauren! I sleep far too crazy and on my front to cope with having a fringe again hahah! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Hahah I'm a strict side sleeper so I'm doing okay so far ;) x

      Delete
  4. I love this Lauren, you suit a fringe so much! x

    Emily / www.positivelystupendous.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey beautiful! You suit a fringe so well, I wish I was able to pull off a fringe as well as you do.

    Beka. xo | littleworldofbeka

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your new hair it really suits you and I'm super jealous that you can pull off a fringe! =^-^=

    Sam | Momentarily Dreaming

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had a fringe for the first 13 years of my life, and of course those days were cringe-worthy, so I have some kind of negative stigma against fringes on myself. Lately though, I've been seeing them as more sophisticated on other people, like yourself, and I wonder whether one day I might just go back.

    -M
    The Life of Little Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I know exactly how you feel - I can't remember not having a fringe under the age of 10! This fringe is a lot thinner and messier than how I used to have it, though, so I feel a lot more grown up this time round! X

      Delete
  8. Aw you look lovely Lauren!! Fringes take a lot of hard work and maintaining but I am sure you will pull it out xx

    Thrifty vintage fashion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nicole! Haha trust me, I'm going through a lot of dry shampoo - it gets greasy so quickly because I keep fussing around with it! X

      Delete
  9. I love it - it really suits you! :) x www.aimeeraindropwrites.co.uk x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This really suits you, Lauren, you look lovely! xx

    Toasty

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've already said it, but oh I love your hair. It really does suit you! Makes me wish I could pull off a fringe like that!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! Please feel free to leave your links - I'm always on the look out for new blogs to read xo

HEADER DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS