Desk Updates



Back in April of this year, I posted a Desk Tour. I'd just finished painting my bedroom (after putting it off for 6+ months..) and was excited about the novelty of having a desk so decided to snap some photos pretty quickly after it had all been thrown together. Fast forward to now and my desk area looks pretty different! All of the original basics are there: the same desk, same location, same chair, same photos etc but I've installed several splashes of colour in honour of summer recently, so I thought I'd update you all!
THIS is the colourful beauty that my desk area has become. It's actually quite comical just how much more colour I've injected. Go back and look at my original desk tour - it was pretty and simple, but lacking so much colour! My desk is now a more inspiring and cheerful place to reside.

New additions: Tesco A4 floral notebook, personalised blogging notebook from Getting Personal, two sticks/strands(??) of plastic orchids placed inside an old Starbucks frappucino glass bottle, new Pokémon cards, set of 4 tapes from Primark (yellow and black patterned), weekly planner sheet (part of a pack) from B&M Bargains and the line artwork in front of the Audrey Hepburn photo that I created myself. Plus, obviously, the expansion of my photo wall.
This photo wall is just a collection of bright, colourful things that I kind of threw together one day. My other photo wall is colour themed, but I felt like this section of wall needed something a bit more spectacular and vibrant. I have two Pokémon cards - Gyarados  and Wigglytuff - as well as three postcards from Paperchase. I also have the little postcard my art therapy place gave me when I joined, as well as the little quote with the silver background which I made whilst at art therapy one week. Finally I have two pieces of artwork from my sister - the watercolour squares and the 'brave/love' piece. I love putting things she's made me on my wall, not only because they're beautiful but because she gets so proud at the sight of them! Adorable.
 
I hope you liked this little update for my desk! I think it looks so much nicer and more inspiring now than it did back in April. When Autumn rolls around I really want to replace all of the colourful things with some darker coloured objects and photos so who knows, maybe I'll do another update in a few months!
 

9 comments

  1. Your desk area is gorgeous! Mine is so boring in comparison but I'm planning on moving it soon so it would just be a waste to get it looking all lovely like this then have to take it apart again :( xx

    Charlotte / Colours & Carousels

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Aww! My room is so tiny that I can't have my furniture any other way. It's fun to mix things around, décor-wise though! x

      Delete
  2. Your desk is amazing! I have always wanted a desk in my bedroom but I threw it out when I was like 12, omg the regrets! I am seriously thinking about buying a cheap £20 one from Ikea just so I can do something like what you have done!

    http://thriftyvintagefashion.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! My desk was literally £10 from Ikea when I got it! I might upgrade it soon to a white one but I still love this little one! x

      Delete
  3. I think I'm in love with your desk! It's such a cute little space! I absolutely adore all the little quirky bits you have placed around it!
    Aisling | Aislings beauty bytes

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! I think the added colors are definitely an improvement :D

    The pokemon cards are an awesome addition too. That's such a neat tiny piece of wall art. I might just have to take that idea, haha! My sylveon card should be on display <3

    Peace & Love // Celestralite

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Ohhh, if I have a Sylveon card it would definitely be on display! x

      Delete
  5. Oh, very pretty! I think I need to inject some colour into mine... I love all the postcards/papers!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! Please feel free to leave your links - I'm always on the look out for new blogs to read xo