Life Lately


 
D'you know what, June has been pretty good to me. So many wonderful/unexpected things happened, big and small, so I thought that instead of trusting my memory to remember them, I'd write up a little post and share my happy things with you guys, too. A few of the photos above were actually taken in May (the first three, definitely. The one of Luna was taken back last September (!) but I Instagrammed it in June so ya know.)


To be honest, June started off on a high note: I went on holiday with my Dad. My brother and boyfriend made little cameos, but for 90% of the time it was just the two of us. The last three photos on the second row were taken on holiday - my colourful and healthy breakfast, my not-so-healthy but delicious mint choc chip ice cream & a photo of me watching the sunset. Oh, and the second picture on the third row was also taken on my hols - it was an arcade kinda day! If you'd like to see more photos of my holiday (think sunsets, shells and quirky little details) then click here.
 
Another exciting thing that happened is that I got my nose pierced! I've been talking about getting it done for literal years (it's even on my 2015 Goals list) but kept putting it off because I was scared. After I got back from my holiday, I felt refreshed, rejuvenated and honestly like I wanted to make so many changes in my life. Doing something bold and self-liberating like getting my nose pierced gave me such a buzz of confidence, and I honestly love it. Sometime within the next two weeks I'll be uploading a post explaining in detail the first week after getting it done, so keep an eye out for that!
 
I've also been super-obsessed with pretty quotes recently. I'm the kind of person that needs inspiring quotes to make it through the day. Maybe it's the writer in me, but written words speak higher to me than anything else when I'm having an emotional crisis. I posted a couple of my favourite quotes on Instagram recently. "She Believed She Could So She Did" was a quote I actually posted on Twitter pre-nose-piercing to give myself that last shot of determination before I got it done. The "Don't Save Things For Special Occasions.." quote really hit home with me when I read it, as I have a ton of dresses and skirts that are just hanging in my wardrobe, unworn, because I never have occasion to wear them. Since finding this quote, I've made an effort every day to wear something snazzy, even if it's just a bolder lipstick. Finally, "Fuck You, I'm A Pokémon Master" just because it seems to be the appropriate response whenever someone sneers at me for being geeky.
 
Other happy things: my dark chocolate chip shortbread biscuits, the Sims 4, LOVING HP & The Order Of The Phoenix, buying Lush products I haven't tried before, adding to my photo wall, finally having shelves put up in my room, mint chocolate chip ice cream (although Tesco's offering isn't as nice as what I had on holiday), pizza with Quorn chicken on top, Sons of Anarchy, Orange Is The New Black and, of course, my Luna. (As always)
 


4 comments

  1. Sounds like you've had an amazing month :) I always think about getting my nose pierced but then I start thinking no, my nose is too big! haha then I get scared and won't do it. So jealous you get to play the Sims 4!! I went out and bought it last week and the darn thing isn't compatible with a Mac! (it says it is but trust me, its not!) The store wasn't even going to take it back from me. They ended up giving me store credit though. Anyway! Hope next month is just as wonderful for you! :)

    Renee | Lose The Road

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really don't like my nose at all, but getting the piercing has made me love it a lot more! I'd honestly say to go for it. I have a little 'the first week' diary post coming up soon which you may be interested in if you're considering it - I basically kept a nose diary (haha) for the first seven days after having it done. & I've found that the graphics on my laptop aren't the best during actual game play, but I'm okay with it. At least now I am - I was super annoyed at first. Thank you! I hope you have a wonderful July too :) xx

      Delete
  2. Aha, I love the "Fuck You, I'm a Pokemon Master" quote. I should use that sometimes. Those crystal necklaces are gorgeous!

    And I can't wait for the nose piercing post! I want to get one so bad (I feel that I may give my mother a heart attack though--silly thing) but I don't know if I ever will. I understand the whole rush of changing a part of you, even if it is superficial! I felt that way about dyeing and cutting my hair!

    Peace and Love // Celestralite.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your nose piercing! I've wanted mine done for a while too! It really suits you :)
    Love Hayley,
    Water Painted Dreams

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! Please feel free to leave your links - I'm always on the look out for new blogs to read xo