Things To Do With Your Empty Lush Packaging


One of the things I love most about Lush is their super ethical take on packaging. Around half of the products on offer can be taken home completely free of packaging, not to mention the genius shampoos, deodorants and bubble baths that come in bar-form rather than liquid inside a plastic bottle. When they do use packaging, it's ethical, too - around 90% of it can be recycled. This includes the infamous black pots that a lot of the skincare and body care products come in. But what else can you do with your empty packaging aside from popping them in with your recycling? WELL I'M HERE TO TELL YA.


Black Pots.
A vast majority of Lush's hair, face and body products come packaged in the Lush black pots. They feature a very simple design and a screw-on lid. I personally like the way that they look, which is why I used one of them for my first re-use idea...
 
 Black Pot Plant Pot. Luke uses the Dirty shaving cream religiously and goes through around 2 tubs a year, which means there's always one lingering around in my bath room. I always mean to take them back to the store, but then I remembered seeing something similar on Pinterest and decided to re-pot my succulent into one. I think it looks v cool and quite minimalist because of the simple black-and-white colour scheme. You could take the label off if you wanted it to just be plain, but I quite like the re-used feel of it with the label showing.
 
Travel packaging. Going for a weekend away and want to take a piece of your favourite bubble bar with you? Using a black pot would be perfect for this, especially if you have one of the bigger ones. This would work for any of the Lush solid products, including the deodorants and shampoo bars.
 
Take them back to Lush and get a free face mask. I didn't know about this for such a long time, but if you take five clean empty black pots back to Lush then they'll give you a free face mask for your trouble!
Paper Bags.
Frame it. I don't know about you, but I really love the paper bags from Lush at the moment. It has a really pretty watercolour effect with simple white block writing. In fact I liked it so much that I decided to frame it! I had a spare A4 black frame that needed filling and the colours on the bag go with my bedroom really well, so I thought why not? I think it looks really cool and of course it was free!
 
Wrapping paper. Again, I think the design is too pretty to waste! Granted you couldn't wrap masses of presents or anything particularly big, but maybe for someone's birthday you could wrap them a little something using a Lush bag. Alternatively, you could do what I did this Christmas and use it as a gift bag - just add some ribbon and a gift tag and it's good to go. Although both of these ideas are much better received if there are some actual Lush goodies to go along with them!
 
Blog photo props. I use Lush packaging as a blog prop pretty regularly (example) and I like the way that it looks. I've used the main bag, as well as the mini bags that the bath bombs and bubble bars come in.
 
Lip Scrub Jar.
I feel like the little glass jar that the Lush lip scrubs come in are really versatile, mainly because they're mini! I personally use mine to store earrings and nose studs, but it would also work really well for decanting moisturisers and cleansers into if you were going on holiday.
 
I hope that you found this post helpful! If you have any other ideas for re-using Lush packaging, let me know in the comments and I'll add them (and credit you) into this post!


6 comments

  1. These are all great ideas, I never think of using the packaging for something else! I love the plant pot idea, it looks so cute! xx

    Bethan Likes

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still have an empty Lush paper bag lying around because it's too pretty to throw away, I don't know why I didn't think of framing it!! Well, probably won't frame it as I'm supposed to make as few holes in my walls as possible, but I could still hang it up. :D thanks for the idea, this is awesome! xx
    The plant pot is genius too, but I think I'd rather get the fresh face mask ins the end x)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the idea of framing the paper back, it's so unique and creative, and it looks beautiful!

    Carolyn x
    Carolyn’s Simple Life

    ReplyDelete
  4. What great ideas! I love the idea of using it as a plant pot. Great post! :) x www.aimeeraindropwrites.co.uk x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now there is some super brilliant ideas! I really like the sound of using the paper bags in photo frames and displayed along a wall, might need to steal that idea :) xx

    Yasmina | The July Journal

    ReplyDelete
  6. So many good ideas. Is it bad that I want to buy one of the 'Dirty' shaving foam pots just to put a succulent in it...? I just think that one is perfect hahah. I actually took my empty pots back to Lush last November for a free facemask.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! Please feel free to leave your links - I'm always on the look out for new blogs to read xo