Lush Ultraviolet Bubble Bar

It was my blog birthday last month, and aside from the present that I bought for my blog (my header), I didn't expect anything else. But on a trip into town to visit my Stepdad in hospital, my boyfriend slipped into Lush and emerged with a special present for me and my blog!


He bought me the new Ultraviolet bubble bar. At least, I think it's new - it came out this year as part of the Mothers Day range, and appears to be sticking around. To be honest, I'm not sure if I would have ever picked this up for myself as it's scent is very particular. It's very sweet but also quite musky, exactly like Parma Violets. I prefer my sweet scents to be more bubblegum-y than this, but I'm so glad he got it for me. I also really adore the design of this bubble bar. It's almost rainbow-like, except the colours are purple, green and blue. Real pretty.
 
*please note my bath was only half-run when I took these photos! I just wanted to show the colour off & then to finish running the bath without my camera so I could just hop in! It was much bubblier after I added the cold water.
 
Now, onto it's bubbly action.  This is probably the only bubble bar that has properly changed the colour of the bath water. The Comforter and Karma tried their best, but couldn't quite manage it. Ultraviolet turns the water a gorgeous pink-purple shade, which it tops with lots of frothy bubbles. The scent is so incredible in use, too, much nicer than it is in the bar itself. It lingers around for a good while, which I didn't realise until my boyfriend came home and picked up on it as soon as he walked through the door! This bubble bar also made my skin so beautifully soft and really moisturised, which is something I appreciate in a bath product.
 
I've used this bar once so far, and used about 1/4 of it and it made my bath a wonderful, bubbly experience! Totally recommend this one if you like sweet scents but Snow Fairy doesn't do it for you! This bubble bar is suitable for vegetarians and vegans. You can buy the Ultraviolet bubble bar online or instore for £4.75.
 

3 comments

  1. This looks so nice! I almost bought it recently but was put of by the price tag. I know you can get a lot of use out of them thought and I'm convinced after this!
    Love Hayley,
    Water Painted Dreams

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found your blog site on google and check several of the early posts. Continue to keep up the good work. I just added up your RSS feed to my MSN News Reader. platinum classy ring

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! Please feel free to leave your links - I'm always on the look out for new blogs to read xo