Lush Monster's Ball Bath Bomb

Obtaining and reviewing each of the Lush Halloween bath bombs was the final item on my September To-Do List and I'm happy to report that I semi-ticked it off! I purchased all of the bath bombs the day after they were released in stores but I've decided that instead of reviewing them all in one go, I'll post one review per week on the lead up to Halloween to make things a little more fun and festive. The first one I've tried was Monster's Ball, which sucked me in with it's super cute design and delicious scent.

It's a brand new bath bomb that's the most expensive out of the ones that have been released this year, but it's a good 'un. It has a very fresh floral scent with a kick of citrus due to the lime oils which I looove because fruity/sweet scents are my thing. It's a very uplifting scent and both it and the beautiful show this bath bomb puts on brightened my dreary Sunday bath.
I feel like I don't even need to really talk about how amazing this bath bomb is in the water - the photos show more than I could explain! It's a very frothy fizzer and takes a little while to dissolve completely which was perfect as it gave me plenty of time to snap photos. As each layer disappears another colour comes out to play - it starts off pink, then goes blue and then finally the water itself is a deep purple shade.
Due to the cocoa butter this did leave my skin feeling super smooth and nourished, but I did find that it coated my skin in a sort of greasy film that only went away after I exfoliated. I don't think this has anything to do with the amount of cocoa butter in the bath bomb, though - my skin is just funny with these things sometimes. If you suffer with really dry skin but want something a little more exciting than a Butterball or bath melt then definitely try this one!
 
Overall I'm incredibly impressed by my first Halloween bath bomb of 2016! I think the design is very sweet and perfect for any little kiddies. I almost wish it contained some popping candy as I feel most other 'fun' Lush bath bombs do, but I'm not massively put out about it.
 
Monster's Ball is part of the limited edition Halloween collection and is available online and in store for £4.25. It's suitable for vegetarians and vegans.
_______________________________________________________________________________
 
Have you seen my other Lush reviews? They're all available under this handy Lush tag.


8 comments

  1. Usually I'm more of a fan of bubble bars/melts than bath bombs because they don't tend to have many skin benefits. However that's so good to hear that the cocoa butter left your skin feeling smooth! I actually just picked this up from the oxford street shop and am so excited to use him! So darn cute and the colours are beautiful! xx

    www.iridescentplaces.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so pretty! I ordered this online and can't wait to try it now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the look of this little guy, he is so cute and the colour he turns the bath is gorgeous! Sophie x

    sophiehmstewart.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This bath bomb looks amazing! I must try it :)

    Megan / www.meganmarieblogs.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was actually eyeing this bath bomb up, but I wasn't sure whether or not to purchase it. I love the look however, so I think I might just pop into Lush for one x

    www.sheintheknow.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how dreamy the colors look in the bath. Can't wait to see the rest of your Lush Halloween reviews! ♥

    mooeyandfriends.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahh I picked up Monster's Ball the other day, too, but I haven't tried it yet. I tried Autumn Leaf, Lord of Misrule and I've got left to try Pumpkin and Monster's Ball. It's so pretty in the water! x www.aimeeraindropwrites.co.uk x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have this in my bathroom and I'm waiting for the right time to use it, maybe a hard day at work or uni. I love your photos and can't wait to see more!

    Marbl☾☽Moon

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! Please feel free to leave your links - I'm always on the look out for new blogs to read xo