End of code

Tuesday, 23 February 2016

Current Wishlist


Hear me out - I know I said that 2016 was going to be my minimalist year. And it is. Promise. I feel like making wish-lists like this will allow me to truly pin down exactly what I want and should mean (in theory) that I buy and waste less in the long run. Also note that the clothing item in this list - think of it more as an inspiration of the style of skirt that I want as opposed to the one I'm actually going to buy. I'm going to scout around ALL the charity shops to find one before I give in and get one from a high street store!


Acid Wash Denim Skirt - £14.99, New Look Teens. I am so into denim skirts at the moment. I've always had a thing for denim skirts in this style but have never been brave enough to get one. This spring I wanna get one and wear the fxck out of it.
 
Teo Dry Deodorant - £4.95, Lush. I'm still on my quest to find the perfect cruelty-free and vegan deodorant and I'm finally looking to Lush to fulfil this need. Teo is a solid deodorant bar and is the more powdery, dusty one of the two that Lush offer.
 
Mmmelting Marshmallow Moment Bath Oil - £2.00, Lush. I wanted to try the Mmmelting Marshmallow Moment when it was a bath melt but it's since been reinvented and turned into a bath oil. It smells heavenly - really sweet and bubblegum-like, which is so my thing. My legs are feeling super dry and flaky at the moment and I'd love to treat my skin to this moisturising treat.
 
Beautiful Broken Things by Sara Barnard - £5.99, Amazon. I read a review of this book on Emily's blog and instantly wanted to read it. I have a thing for intense, destructive characters and the relationships between Caddy, Suzanne and Rosie sound so complex and interesting. If there's anything on this list that I'm most desperate to buy it's this book!
 
Retro Daisy Double Duvet Set - £11.00, Primark. I'm a sucker for Primark bedding and this fun, vibrant flower print caught my eye right away. I think it's really 70s and kinda hippy-chic which is so my vibe at the moment. Primark bedding is such good value for money. I bought the pineapple set last summer and I'm still in love with it!
 
Crystal Stick Deodorant - £3.95, Faith in Nature. My other deodorant option. This one is in the form of a crystal that you simply wet and rub onto your underarms. I have to admit this one intrigues me a lot more than the Lush one does but I can't find any stores near me that stock it! I don't really want to order it online but probably will if I don't get on with the Lush one.
 
Reusable Panty Liners - £3.25, Earthwise Girls. I've been thinking a lot about the environmental impact of period products recently and have been doing a lot of research about other methods of managing my period as opposed to using pads or tampons. Steph and Tara both inspired me to consider Mooncups but I just don't think I'm ready for one yet. The alternative I'm considering is buying a set of reuseable pads, which you use and then wash after use. I'm not sure how comfortable I feel about doing this because I usually consider my period to be disgusting but I'm trying to become more confident and self-aware regarding the whole thing.
 
So that's my current wishlist! My plan is to come back to this list next week and then again the week after to see if I still want the things that are on it. If I do then I'll buy them, if not then I clearly didn't want them that much in the first place!
 

2 comments:

  1. I was literally editing my wishlist (to go live next week) when that error happened haha. Lovely "cravings" girlie - I got a cozy sofa blanket from Primark not so long ago and loving it! p.s. Thanks for your help this morning ;)
    xox Nadia
    http://www.mielandmint.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that bedding set, I can't believe it's only £11! What a bargain xx

    Gemma ♥ Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! Please feel free to leave your links - I'm always on the look out for new blogs to read xo

HEADER DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS