End of code

Friday, 19 February 2016

Books I Have Multiple Copies Of


Wow. Wasn't that the most eloquent blog post title you've seen today? I genuinely can't think of anything else to name it so we're rolling with it for now. It does get the point across though - today I'm going to share with you four books that I have multiple copies of! I've never been one to collect books - I mean, I'll go out of my way to make sure that every book of a series matches and are all the same height but I've never purposely repurchased a book simply because of a pretty cover. THAT WAS UNTIL I DID IT ONCE... then I did it again, and again...

The Perks Of Being A Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky. 
One of my favourite books ever ever. I ordered my first copy online so didn't know what the cover was going to be and ended up with the movie cover. It doesn't bother me massively, but I always adored the original cover and secretly coveted it. One day I was in town with my dad and I was really sad and anxious and I found a copy with the original cover in HMV for like £4 so I snapped it up real quick. I wont ever get rid of my first copy - purely because I'm sentimental and those pages were the ones I actually cried over - but I love that I now have this pretty cover too.
The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins.
Another of my favourite book series - The Hunger Games! I really love the covers on the editions I first owned (the black) but these metallic covers are just too cool to ignore. Luke actually bought me the trilogy for Christmas - The Hunger Games is gold, Catching Fire is red and Mockingjay is blue and they're so beautiful!
Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare.
HOW BEAUTIFUL ARE THE NEW UK EDITIONS OF THE INFERNAL DEVICES?? I drooled over them for weeks and weeks before my mum finally shut me up and bought them for me for Christmas. The Clockwork Princess cover is my favourite of the three, although they are all absolutely stunning. My other copies of the Infernal Devices really annoy me as they're all different heights so I'm SUPER happy that I have a set that matches properly.
Lord of the Rings by JRR Tolkien.
Another beautiful gift from Luke. We found this set of the LOTR trilogy and The Hobbit in a charity shop last summer and I'm still in love with it. The Hobbit is my favourite cover out of the set but I do love the simplicity of this cover. My original cover is really beautiful though - I love the detail.
 
Do you have multiple copies of any books? I have to admit that the new Harry Potter editions are on my wishlist...
 

4 comments:

  1. Love this post. I have to admit I don't have multiple copies of any of my books, purely because I'm too busy funnelling my money into buying new books to read - haha! But I have to admit the gold cover of The Hunger Games is gorgeous! I could totally see myself buying another copy just for that! x www.aimeeraindropwrites.co.uk x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes!! My Dad died six years ago and he had a massive love of books and my mum let me take what books I wanted so I have two copies of Homer, The Hobbit (my Dad's edition was a picture one and is amazing!) and a few others. I also have several editions of Pride and Prejudice as it's my favourite book and I can't stop buying all the special editions and Sense and Sensibility (because of university) and I have doubled up on a couple of Harry Potter books because my Dad bought me them the same time I was buying them! He bought me the adult covers though! I properly have a few more but can't remember them all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think I do have any double copies at the moment actually, but I'm desperate for those new Infernal Devices and Mortal Instrument covers! Oh and the new Harry Potter ones! My His Dark Materials series is incomplete though - I have two of the same cover set, and one different. That really bothers me haha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never been one to buy more than one copy of a book but I'm very tempted to start with the new Harry Potter editions, they're so beautiful. I would love to own an extensive book collection full of limited edition or first edition books, but I think that will happen any time soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! Please feel free to leave your links - I'm always on the look out for new blogs to read xo

HEADER DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS