Makeup Revolution Advent Calendar | Week One


BLOGMAS DAY EIGHT.
Happy Blogmas day eight! Who would have thought that I would have survived the first week of Blogmas with my sanity remaining intact? I hope you guys are enjoying my posts and aren't sick of seeing me in your Bloglovin/Twitter feed yet! I'm actually really enjoying Blogmas, and it's making the run up to the Big Day even more exciting for me. Hopefully it's the same for you! But of course, Blogmas day eight doesn't just mark the end of my first week blogging every day. It also means I've opened seven doors from my Makeup Revolution advent calendar! Today I thought I'd show you what I found hiding inside.

Day One. Red nail varnish (v). I was so pleased to find this lurking behind door one, as until I did I didn't own a single red nail varnish! When I purged my stash of all non-cruelty-free beauty bits, I gave all of my red nail varnishes to my mum. Of course I still could have used them, but it seemed a bit silly for me to give them away yet still use them. I can't find either of the nail varnishes in this post on the site, so I think they may be exclusive to this calendar. Let me know if you know otherwise!
 
Day Two. Nude lipstick. I feel like this one may be part of the permanent Amazing lipstick collection, but I know that they're not vegan as they contain beeswax but judging by the ingredients list on the back of the calendar these appear to be beeswax free? Please correct me if I'm wrong. Anyway, this lipstick is a gorgeous nude shade that I can't wait to wear. I have the matte lipstick in nude and I adore it, so I'm looking forward to seeing how I feel about a glossy nude. (I haven't tried the lipsticks yet because I have a coldsore, boo)
 
Day Three. Pink Lights highlighter (v). I actually gasped when I pulled back the door to reveal this gorgeous highlight powder. Highlighter might just be one of my favourite makeup products ever, and this mini version of the Pink Lights highlight is no exception. Granted, it may be a tad too pink for my complexion but that won't stop me wearing it! I feel like this would look especially pretty paired with a pink blush.
Day Four. Treat blush (v). By day four I felt like this advent calendar was made for me, as I received a lovely peach blush! This is part of the regular MUR collection an is something I've actually been considering getting for a really long time. I always tend to lean towards peachy blushes rather than pinks/reds and this one is definitely filling a gap in my make-up bag!
 
Day Five. Nude nail varnish (v). I think you could tell how much I adore this nail varnish by the fact that as soon as I opened it I immediately painted my nails with it. It's a gorgeous muted pink-nude that really flatters my pale skin. I did find the brush makes it a little streaky, though.
L-R: Orange lipstick, nude lipstick, Treat blush, Delicious eye shadow, Pink Lights highlight.
 
Day Six. Orange lipstick. You guys already know that orange lipstick is my thing during the summer time and I feel like this daring shade is going to become my go-to lipstick when the sun returns. I already have an orange lipstick that I adore, but this one seems to be a bit more yellowy-orange, which may sound a bit off-putting but it's actually really lovely. It's definitely not as scary on as it is in the bullet!
 
Day Seven. Delicious single eye shadow (v). Day seven was a bit of a blah one for me, as I opened the first of the three single eye shadows. I personally don't wear eye shadow, but the colour seems to be quite nice. It's a matte brown, and it's much nicer swatched than it is in the pan. If you're a fan of nude/brown smokey eye looks, then you may like this!
 
Aside from the eye shadow, I'm so pleased with everything I've opened from my advent calendar so far! I have to admit, I did have a few moments of doubt over whether or not it was a good idea to spend so much money on it but now I'm 100% glad that I did. I can't wait to see what the next week brings!
 

2 comments

  1. Congrats on surviving week one of Blogmas; I don't think I would be able to do it, haha. That pink highlighter looks AMAZING and i've yet to own a red polish, ahhh

    May | THE MAYDEN | Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay to the first week of Blogmas been over. You've got some really lovely pieces, the nude polish is so wearable. I bought an orange lipstick but I don't think it suits my complexion. =^-^=

    Sam | Momentarily Dreaming

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! Please feel free to leave your links - I'm always on the look out for new blogs to read xo