5 Reasons I'm Excited for Christmas

 
BLOGMAS DAY EIGHTEEN.

Can you believe we're down to single digits in the Christmas Day Countdown? WE'RE ONE WEEK AWAY. I genuinely can't believe how quickly December has flown by. I feel like I haven't had a chance to do anything I wanted to yet. This is mostly because of me being ill and bed-ridden for what seems like a year, but hopefully it'll be gone by this time next week! Also because of this irritating illness, I feel my Christmas spirit vanished as quickly as my energy. So today I thought I'd list five reasons I'm excited for Christmas, in the hopes of re-igniting my festive spirit.

One. Playing Animal Crossing with Leigh. I was going to put 'giving gifts' for this point, but I'm sure I'm getting on all of your nerves with my 'I can't wait to give my mum and boyfriend their presents' chat. So I thought I'd be a bit more specific and express my excitement over the gift I've gotten my little sister. She's been playing my Animal Crossing game for so long (as a secondary character) and I felt it was about time to get her her own copy of the game to play. My mum has gotten her a 2DS so she won't even have to use my DS! I've started preparing a little 'welcome to Animal Crossing' gift pack, full of fruits and furniture and Bells, ready for her to start playing!
 
Two. Opening Gifts. I'm v sorry, but I'd be lying if I didn't say I was excited to open presents on Christmas morning. Who doesn't look forward to opening gifts?! Especially when you know they're from the people you love and that they've put a lot of effort into them. I know a few things that my mum and boyfriend have gotten me, but I've sworn them to secrecy this year as I want lots of surprises. I usually hate surprises but I've found that knowing what I have makes me more impatient for Christmas!
 
Three. Festive Food. I can't wait for a full-on Christmas dinner. Roast potatoes, sprouts, white cabbage, Yorkshire puddings, gravy, peas, carrots, broccoli... my mouth is watering right now. I also can't wait to eat LOTS of chocolate.
 
Four. Christmas Day TV. All of the best films are on Christmas Day, not to mention all of the TV show Christmas Specials. Although I am rather annoyed (read: heartbroken) that the Sherlock 'Christmas' special isn't until NEW YEARS DAY. One thing I will definitely be re-watching is the Gavin & Stacey Christmas special, as I do every single year!
 
Five. Family Time. Of course. I can't wait to spend the whole day with my family. This will be Luna's second Christmas, too! We're doing things a bit differently this year and have invited a few people round for Christmas dinner which I'm honestly a little nervous about as I get quite panicky when I eat, especially in front of other people, but I'm hoping it'll all be fine as we do Christmas dinner in a really chill way. No dining table in my house!
 

4 comments

  1. I loved reading this - made me feel so festive! I love Animal Crossing, my Sister is getting it for Christmas too so she won't have to use mine. I hope you have a wonderful Christmas - one week to go!!

    Hannah Heartss x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to have a go at Animal Crossing but can't ever seem to find a 2D version.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't say I am that exiected for Christmas but I loved reading this nonetheless x

    http://thriftyvintagefashion.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Food and gifts - yep, definitely excited for those! I only know my main present, as I just gave my family the link to an amazon wishlist and said surprise me haha! And I'm gutted that the Sherlock special is on New Years Day as I'll be working through it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! Please feel free to leave your links - I'm always on the look out for new blogs to read xo