End of code

Thursday, 12 November 2015

Soy Wax Melts from Valley Mill


Now that it's getting really cold outside, I'm doing my very best to keep things cosy when I'm inside. Blankets, warm drinks, slippers, Lush baths... and candles! To be honest, when I switched over to my cruelty-free lifestyle, I didn't give candles a thought. But of course, almost all candles on offer are crafted from beeswax - an ingredient that isn't vegan at all, in my opinion. Enter the Valley Mill soy wax melts*.
I wanted to pick something very warming and season appropriate, so I decided to try out the Roast Chestnut scent. (Although they do have Spiced Apple if you want something a bit more Christmassy). The little tarts themselves are really beautiful - they almost remind me of snowflakes! They're embossed with the Valley Mill logo, too, which I think is a special touch. I also really love the packaging of these melts. The box is very similar to a matchbox, and the melts are stacked neatly inside. You get five melts per pack which, together, offer around 60 hours of gorgeous scent.
I placed one of the tarts in the top of my oil burner, lit the tealight and waited for the magic to happen. And it happened really quickly! Within about five minutes, my entire living room was full of this lovely scent. It's really nutty and sweet but has an underlying spicy layer. I also feel like they smell a bit chocolately, but I'm not sure if that's just me! The scent was surprisingly strong, especially if I left the room for a few minutes and returned. The scent was a little more subdued every time I burned the same tart afterwards and I didn't really identify it as quickly, but again if I left and came back again the scent was fresh.
 
I really like these soy melts - even more so because they're vegan! You can also get this scent in soy-candle-form if you prefer candles. I absolutely adore the sound of the coconut, passion-fruit and chocolate truffle scents, too!
 
You can pick up a box of these roast chestnut soy wax melts here.
 

3 comments:

  1. I need to pick up some soy melts sometime. Beeswax gives me headaches. These look so pretty!
    Imogen’s Typewriter. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. These sounds lovely. I totally over looked the fact that candles aren't by rule Vegan, thanks for pointing that out. =^-^=

    Sam | Momentarily Dreaming

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so beautiful (and interesting!) I don't know if I'd even want to melt them.
    I really love what you did what the leaves in these photos. You take excellent pictures :)

    -Alex
    A Northern Light

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! Please feel free to leave your links - I'm always on the look out for new blogs to read xo

HEADER DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS