End of code

Tuesday, 18 August 2015

Current Cruelty-Free Collection | August 2015


*EDIT: I have removed all of the Soap & Glory products from this list after several people expressed their doubts about their cruelty-free status. I believed my information to be reliable, but after so many people said otherwise I've decided to be on the safe side and to remove them. They are still in the photos, but removed from this list.*

When I first decided to become cruelty-free (January this year), I was horrified to realise how many products I owned that were tested on animals. I immediately proceeded to sort out and rehome all of my non-essentials, such as make-up products I never used and a few shampoos and shower gels. I've been slowly replacing all of my old non-cruelty-free/vegan beauty essentials with cruelty-free & vegan alternatives and today I am SO excited to share with you my current cruelty-free collection. I currently own a mix of skincare, hair care, bath products and make-up which I've slowly obtained since January. From this entire lot of products, I only owned the a few of them before becoming cruelty-free. The rest I have discovered since then and have become staples in my beauty routines.


To make things easier for you, I'm going to list each product into a specific category depending on what it is. I didn't really photograph things in groups - I just kind of arranged everything all together in height order so that they could all have a lil' family photo together. Also PLEASE bare in mind that a few of these products are cruelty-free, but not suitable for vegans. I will put an asertik (*) next to these products for reference. All of the non-vegan-but-cruelty-free products were either things I owned before I went CF, or that I won in a giveaway. Since becoming cruelty-free I have consciously made the effort to also buy 100% vegan.I will also be adding a link to any products that I've written a review on - click on the products name and it will take you directly to the review!
Skincare
Superdrug Simply Pure Micellar Water
Superdrug Simply Pure Cleansing Lotion
Superdrug Tropical Cocktail Peel-Off Face Mask
7th Heaven Argan Oil Mud Mask
7th Heaven Banana & Honey Face Mask*
7th Heaven Coffee Mocha Mud Mask
7th Heaven Tea Tree Peel-Off Face Mask
Body Care & Hygiene
Original Source Coconut Shower Gel
Original Source Grapefruit Shower Gel
Superdrug Cranberry & Pomegranate Shower Gel
Superdrug Cranberry & Pomegranate Body Lotion
Lush #GayIsOk Soap
Lush Sweetie Pie Shower Jelly
Superdrug Juicy Body Spray x2
Superdrug Crystal Anti-Perpsirant Deodorant
Lush Snow Fairy Shower Gel
Soap & Glory Heel Genius
M&S Lime Body Butter*
M&S Coconut Body Butter*
Lush Mini Charity Pot
Superdrug Sensitive Whitening Toothpaste
Lush Dirty Toothy Tabs
7th Heaven Fresh Feet Mint & Iced Blueberry Foot Mask
7th Heaven Grapefruit & Mint Foot Soak and Lotion
7th Heaven Peppermint & Shea Butter Pumice and Foot Butter
Make-Up & Brushes
B. All Lengthening Defining Volumising Mascara in Black
B. Flawless Long Lasting Concealer in Light
Make Up Revolution Scandalous Lipstick in Depraved
Make Up Revolution Golden Sugar Blush & Contour Palette
Make Up Academy Heaven and Earth Eyeshadow Palette*
Make Up Academy Undressed Too Eyeshadow Palette*
Milani Glimmer Stripes Blush in 06
B. Complete Long Lasting Nail Varnish in Peony
Barry M Gelly Hi-Shine Nail Varnish in Blue Grape
Barry M Gelly Hi-Shine Nail Varnish in Mustard
Barry M Gelly Hi-Shine Nail Varnish in Blueberry
Barry M Gelly Hi-Shine Nail Varnish in Chai
Barry M Gelly Hi-Shine Nail Varnish in Prickly Pear
Barry M Nail Varnish in Berry Ice Cream
Barry M Nail Varnish in Mint Green
Barry M Nail Varnish in Pale Blue
Barry M Nail Varnish in White
 
Barry M Nail Varnish in Black
Barry M Nail Varnish in Strawberry Ice Cream
Barry M Nail Effects Chameleon in Pink
Barry M Nail Effects Sequin in Black
Barry M Limited Edition Gold Feather Nail Varnish
Barry M Limited Edition Superdrug Nail Varnish in Pink
Real Techniques Core Collection
Hair Care
Superdrug Sea Salt Spray
Lush Veganese Condition
7th Heaven Coconut Protein Rescue Hair Mask
7th Heaven Honey and Manuka Rescue Hair Mask*
7th Heaven Pulped Papaya Rescue Hair Mask
 
Bath 
Lush Granny Takes A Dip Bath Bomb
Lush Think Pink Bath Bomb
Lush Hoppity Poppity Bath Bomb
 
Phew! I can't believe I own so much. I'm definitely lacking in the hair care and make-up departments, but I'm hoping to put that right soon ;) I've also just realised that I have LOADS of products to talk about on my blog! If you have any requests for review from this list, please let me know because I'm not really sure where to start. Maybe start doing 'whats on my nails?' type posts or something? Who knows.
 
I hope that you enjoyed this post! I also hope that it helps non-CF people realise that there are so many products available that don't hurt animals in any way.
 

7 comments:

  1. What a great post! I didn't realise Barry M, S&G or Make-up Revolution were all cruelty free! I swear by anything Superdrug own brand and their shower gels are the only ones I have tried that don't flare up my eczema too. Thanks for posting :)

    www.simplysara.co.uk

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a collection! I work at Lush so often limit myself but I think maybe I should branch out more! Although I am not sure whether Soap & Glory are actually cruelty free as they are owned by Boots. Their website says that the final products are tested on humans but they can't ensure us that the ingredients aren't tested on animals :( If you know something I don't then I would love to know because I used to adore their body scrub!

    Bex

    http://bexboolie.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing! Currently trying to replace a lot of my products over to cruelty-free and vegan too. I don't think Soap and Glory are truly cruelty-free unfortunately but please let me know if I'm wrong! Will have to look out for 7th Heaven as never tried their stuff before.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow great collection! I think its great that so many well known brands today are cruelty free! x

    http://thriftyvintagefashion.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so great that there are now so many cruelty free products available. I'm trying to make the change to cruelty free, I mainly buy my products from the Superdrug home brand range or The Body Shop. =^-^=

    Sam | Momentarily Dreaming

    ReplyDelete
  6. SO happy I discovered your blog and this post. I'm doing the same as you, slowly replacing my products with vegan and cruelty free ones as they run out. I was getting so down about my Benefit makeup running out, but now that I've discovered these brands, I'm actually looking forward to testing out some replacements. I had no idea about the B. brand from Superdrug! Lovely post and so helpful, thank you :)
    Annie xx
    http://romeandaway.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! Please feel free to leave your links - I'm always on the look out for new blogs to read xo

HEADER DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS