End of code

Wednesday, 22 July 2015

Top 5 Harry Potter Spells I Wish Were Real


A couple of days ago I was chatting to my mum about what our favourite Harry Potter spells were, and I thought that it would make a cool blog post, so here we are! I've thought a lot about what HP spells I wish were real, have done ever since I was a kid. Come on, we've all done it: picked up a remote control or hairbrush or fork and shot a 'spell' at someone. At least, I know I have. Many times. More often than I'd like to admit. The habit has escalated some-what since my boyfriend bought me the Hermione wand for Christmas.


Accio. An obvious one, I think, because who doesn't want to be able to summon objects? Just think: at the cinema, need some popcorn mid-movie? Accio Popcorn! In the shower but you've forgotten to grab a towel? Accio Towel! Your dog refusing to return to you during his evening walk? Accio Dog! (Okay maybe not that last one.) You get the gist. It's the laziness in me.
 
Lumos (and Nox). Another 'because of convenience' spell. I am deathly afraid of the dark, and this spell would save heaps on my energy bill, as I always leave the landing light on overnight!
 
Expecto Patronum. I think that this is one of the most beautiful HP spells, and the most imaginative. I can't imagine that I'd bump into any Dementors during my lifetime, but what if I did?! Also, very handy if you ever need to send a message to someone but your phone has died.
 
Incendio! I'm not sure if this spell is ever mentioned in the films, but I have such good memories of it from the HP games they brought out on the PlayStation One. It's basically a fire spell, and in the game Harry would say 'Iiiiincendiooo' when casting it. Childhood memories! Plus - perfect when you're lighting candles and don't have a lighter handy.
 
Glisseo. This is a very obscure spell (it was only mentioned in the books once, by Hermione) but it's sooo cool! Basically, it causes a flight of steps to flatten into a slide. Can you imagine the fun you could have with this? Maybe I'm just being childish, but I think it would be awesome!
 
Other strong contenders would be Wingardium Leviosa and Alohomora, but I wanted to pick a few lesser-heard-of spells to put in my list.
 
What are your favourite Harry Potter spells?
 

20 comments:

  1. I think Impervius would come in pretty handy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh, that's a really good one! x

      Delete
  2. I love how you love Harry Potter as much as I do. I actually don't remember Glisseo but I mean why the hell wouldn't you want every set of stairs to be a slide, unless you had to go up them of course. What would you have as your Patronus? Also IDK if you have seen these "Horcrux bookmarks" before but if not go and amazon them like right now and add them to your birthday/Christmas list. Amaaaaaaaaaaaaazing!


    www.simplysara.co.uk

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh I think I would have either a cat or an octopus as my Patronus! They're my favourite animals haha. And oohh thanks I'll look them up now! x

      Delete
  3. Such a great post, I wish those spells were real as well ;). Especially Glisseo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha don't get me started on the amount of times I wished I could perform the Accio spell. It would be so handy everytime you're looking for something (keys, travelcard ect).

    Caz | Style Lingua

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my god, I really need accio in my life that would be so useful (but would make me even more lazy aha)! I would love to be able to do a patronus and would be really curious to see what mine is.

    vvnightingale.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would become SO lazy too haha! Wizards have it so easy ;) x

      Delete
  6. Hahah, I would not have thought of Glisseo, but I've got to agree... It would be pretty cool! I definitely agree with all these though, and can't really think of any others that stand out! Accio would definitely be my top choice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Accio is definitely needed haha x

      Delete
  7. I think everyone wishes they could accio :( we're such lazy people haha! Expecto patronum was the first I thought of when I saw the title of this post, but I wondered like because the dementors were to represent JK Rowling's depression, could I use it to treat my depression haha?! xo
    amber love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be amazing! I didn't even think of that aspect to the Patronuses! I'd love that too! x

      Delete
  8. Haha love this post! <3
    Chloe xx
    chloebee1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! Please feel free to leave your links - I'm always on the look out for new blogs to read xo

HEADER DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS