10 Vegetarian Barbeque Ideas


It seems to be a unamimous thing in the UK - as soon as the sun is out, everyone whacks out the barbeques. I personally don't find barbeques and vegetarianism to be an issue - I adore Quorn burgers and usually have those - but I thought I'd throw together a little post to give inspiration to anyone who's looking to host a vegetarian barbeque sometime this summer!

Vegetable Kebabs & Grill Packs.
Mushroom Skewers. (recipe) These mushroom skewers look delicious! Smothered in balsamic vinegar and hot sauce, they'd be the perfect replacement for spicy meat kebabs.
 
Brussels Sprouts Kebabs. (recipe) Am I the only person on the planet who loves Brussels Sprouts? And who says that they're just for Christmas?! This recipe has you coating the sprouts in mustard and a few seasonings to make them perfect.
 
Garden Vegetable Medley Foil Pack. (recipe) I love the look of this vegetable medley! Potatoes, sugar snap peas and red peppers feature in this foil pack - you simply chuck them all in with a few seasonings and they're ready to go.
 
Barbeque Baked Sweet Potato. (recipe) The ultimate accomplice to any meal (in my opinion, anyway) is the baked sweet potato. I think this recipe may take a while, so it's probably best to put these straight on the BBQ before guests arrive! 
The Burger & Sides.
Asian Quinoa & Vegetable Salad. (recipe) How delicious does this side salad look? Summer time is all about bright, colourful food and this salad definitely ticks the all boxes.
 
Avocado & Tomato Stacks. (recipe) If you're feelin' kinda fancy, these avocado & tomato stacks would be the perfect entrée. Alternatively, have them all stacked on a pretty plate at the salad bar!
 
Sweet Potato & Corn Burgers. (recipe) It had to be a sweet potato burger, didn't it? Of course there are a million other vegetarian and vegan options for burgers, but sweet potato is the one for me.
 
Grilled Peaches. (recipe) I'm not a huge fan of peaches, but how good do these look? They'd be perfect for dessert, served with yoghurt or ice cream!
The Drinks.
Peach Lemonade. (recipe) Again with the peaches - but this drink just looks so pretty I had to include it. I love lemonade, and think it's a must have for BBQs.
 
Strawberry Smoothie. (recipe) This to me is like a grown up Slush Puppy. With just two ingredients, there's really no excuse not to try this out! It looks and sounds so refreshing, too.
 
I hope that you liked this post! & I hope that it was helpful in some way. If you have any recommendations for vegetarian barbeque must-haves, then let me know in the comments!
 


13 comments

  1. Thank you for the ideas! As a vegetarian, barbeques can be a bit boring sometimes but I'm always up for some mushrooms. The peaches and the baked potato sounds so good too, gonna try them out asap! x
    eastofsiam.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment! And I know - don't the peaches look delicious?! x

      Delete
  2. Great ideas! The BBQ sweet potatoes and grilled peaches sound amazing :) I always seem to end up with corn on the cob and salad at BBQs haha xx
    Chasing Belle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yeah that does seem to be the usual vegetarian fare doesn't it! x

      Delete
  3. I'm not a veggie but I do try to get my 5 a day so these are all welcomed suggestions!
    Love Hayley,
    Water Painted Dreams

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think that these recipes would be great even at a meat-eaters barbeque, even if just to add a bit of variety! x

      Delete
  4. All these look soooo delicious! I'm hoping my parents will say yes to lots of barbeques this summer, because I want to try new veggie recipes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't they?! Let me know if you try any of them out! x

      Delete
  5. Hi Lauren,

    Love all these ideas - barbecues are definitely a weak-point in the veggie lifestyle so I'll be whipping a few of these out at the next one I'm invited to!

    Besma (Curiously Conscious)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think barbeques are never really thought about in regards to vegetarians, because they're usually such meat fests! I'm glad to have provided some inspiration though! x

      Delete
  6. Thank the lord for this post! I really hate actually attending BBQ's since I stopped eating meat and we have an annual one in work and I'm just there munching on salad whilst everyone else is gulping down fistfuls of meat. I've never really ventured much outside veggie sausages/burgers and a good old corn on the cob (which is amaaaaaaaaaaazing BBQ'ed) so I can't wait to get cooking some of these up.

    www.simplysara.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks absolutely delicious! I’m not a vegetarian but would still do these for variation :)

    Alina from The Fairytale Pretty Picture

    ReplyDelete
  8. These ideas are really inventive. I tend to stick to corn on the cob and halloumi on a bun and then general veg kababs. Thank you for more creative ideas.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! Please feel free to leave your links - I'm always on the look out for new blogs to read xo