The £1 Power Candle

I picked this candle up on a whim. With it's delicious apple scent, cute mint green colour and adorable glass packaging, I was instantly drawn to it, but then when I looked at the price... I couldn't resist. I didn't expect much from it, I'm not going to lie. I've had a rocky past with Primark's candles as the scent throw isn't particularly strong, but this little £1 mint green beauty... it's amazing.

 
The scent that the unburned candle gives off is pretty amazing in itself. I wouldn't say it was Yankee Candle strong, but it's definitely up there. The scent itself is very vibrant and crisp. The green apple is very strong, and it smells almost fizzy, kind of like an apple lemonade. It comes with a nifty little screw-top lid which is not only adorable, but keeps that scent packed in tight. But the true surprise is when the candle is lit. Within a couple of minutes, it fills the room with a gorgeous, fresh scent. It's basically exactly how it smells when it's not lit. My boyfriend picked up on it when he entered my bedroom after it had been burning for about 20 minutes, and every now and then I'd get a lovely blast of it whilst reading on my bed. I've used it quite a few times now and it's still as strong as it was the first time it burned. I simply screw the lid back on a little while after I've blown it out to lock in that delicious smell.
 
I totally recommend this candle - especially for the tiny little £1 price tag! It also comes in two other scents (I think Watermelon and Lemon) which I will definitely be going back to purchase. It burns a little unevenly (mostly to one side, with a wall of wax still piling high on the other) but for the price I think it was bound to have a flaw! Will you be picking up this candle?
 

10 comments

  1. I picked up the Watermelon one of these and am in love with it! Such a beautiful scent and a total bargain too. Mine burns quite unevenly too, but for a pound I'm not that fussed xx

    Charlotte / Colours & Carousels

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I'd gotten the two other scents! I went back to buy them yesterday but had only the lemon scent left and I was after the watermelon! x

      Delete
  2. This candle has the most gorgeous colour ever! <3 Sounds absolutely brilliant, I'm in desperate need for candles right now. This has such a good price too, totally will check it out!

    THOUGHTS IN TIFFANY BLUE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally recommend it! It's amazing for the price x

      Delete
  3. I really love candles but hate the price tag that comes with it! So glad you shared this discovery! woot woot.

    BCfactor Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't keep quiet about it, it's too amazing for the price! haha x

      Delete
  4. What a bargain, I shall take a closer look next time I am there instead of skipping over them!

    Amy at Amy & More

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally recommend! The watermelon one smells amazing too x

      Delete
  5. This candle is so cute! Primark has upped their packaging! I'll have to grab one to try next time I go shopping :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought so too! It's so nice with the glass and the screw lid, looks a lot more expensive than it is! x

      Delete

Thank you for commenting! Please feel free to leave your links - I'm always on the look out for new blogs to read xo