Lush Products I Didn't Like

If you've been reading this blog for any amount of time (even if you just scroll down my recent posts) I'm sure you can gather that I'm a rather huge lover of Lush. Their bubble bars, bath bombs and shampoo bars are my favourite products, but today I thought I'd share with you some of the products I've tried that I didn't like. This doesn't mean that they're bad products, or that you wont like them - they just didn't work for me!
 

Big Shampoo. I had a sample of this from my local Lush store to try out, as the full size product is crazy expensive. I naturally have really fine, thin hair that has 0 volume, so Big, with it's volumising sea salt, seemed like a perfect product for me. However, I really didn't get on with it. The product itself is kind of like a liquid that has thick bits of sea salt floating in it, and it was horrible to wash my hair with. The liquid dissolved really quickly but I found myself picking salt out of my hair. It didn't do anything amazing volume-wise, either. I'm SO glad I didn't just buy the full product without trying a sample first!
 
Squeaky Green Shampoo Bar. This shampoo bar is actually my boyfriends, but I tried it out a few times to see how I got on with it. I really didn't like it. The 'Squeaky Green' name is quite literal - it left my hair feeling almost too clean, so it was 'squeaky' and disgusting to touch. I found it quite drying, too.
 
Golden Egg Bath Bomb Melt. The Golden Egg is one of the limited edition bath products that Lush brings out as part of their Easter range. I tried this bath bomb last year, as the glitter and delicious scent drew me to it. However, I found it very underwhelming once used in the bath. It turned the water a horrible yellow colour (kind of like someone had peed in the bath...) and despite it being a melt, the water wasn't softening and moisturising at all. There wasn't even any shimmer in the water from the glitter! Very disappointing.
 
Karma Bubble Bar. I am still working my way through this bubble bar, but I just have no inclination to use it. Even using half, the bubbles don't last that long, the water has only a mild tinge of colour and the scent isn't very strong. I'd rather skip over this and use the Comforter instead!
 
So there you have it - four Lush products that I didn't like, and definitely wont be repurchasing. What are your least favourite Lush products? Do you agree/disagree with mine? xx
 

12 comments

  1. I also hate shampoo that just has a bit too much sea salt happening. I tend to get so picky about these things, so these are really reasonable!

    THOUGHTS IN TIFFANY BLUE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some sea salt shampoos are just TOO salty! xx

      Delete
  2. It's so good to read honest reviews on something. There is nothing as bad as dropping in a bath bomb that looks so hopeful and it just sinks to the bottom and does nothing. Great post

    www.simplysara.co.uk

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) & totally - that's my worst fear when buying from Lush, as it can be quite expensive! x

      Delete
  3. I'd be curious to see what the benefits of the Squeaky Green is supposed to do for your hair, as I was always under the impression that being "squeaky" clean was bad for you because it strips you of your natural oils. Interesting review!

    iamkelskels.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I totally agree with that. It might just be because of how thin/fine my hair is - it might be okay for daily use on thicker hair! x

      Delete
  4. Thanks for the reviews! I really want to get into Lush but Im afraid I blow my money on something that won't work. This is very helpful.

    I also had a not so good bath experience with a lush bath bomb. It was the honey one and it also turned my water into a pee like color! The scent wasn't strong enough as well. :c

    BCfactor.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel the same about Lush - I need to know I'm getting my moneys worth! I haven't tried the honey bath bomb, but if it turns the water yellow I might skip it! Thank you for the comment x

      Delete
  5. I had similar issues with the yellow fireworks bath bomb at Xmas, turned the bath a horrible brown-y yellow ugh! However, I've always like karma and never experienced the same problems...maybe a dodgy batch? I think that's the only problem with lush stuff...sometimes it can be a problem with the batch not the product.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I've seen reviews for that one, and decided to have the other purple one. And yeah I've heard about that too, I think if I would have used it all in one go it would have been worthwhile, but since I halved it I think it made a big difference x

      Delete
  6. I'm also not a huge fan of shampoo bars but the one I'm using at the moment I'm actually getting on with. I love karma though. One of my favourite scents. I could bathe in the perfume and it wouldn't be strong enough for me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm also not a huge fan of shampoo bars but the one I'm using at the moment I'm actually getting on with. I love karma though. One of my favourite scents. I could bathe in the perfume and it wouldn't be strong enough for me.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! Please feel free to leave your links - I'm always on the look out for new blogs to read xo