End of code

Saturday, 4 April 2015

DIY | Fruit Infused Water

Hihi! Today I thought I'd write up a little DIY that I did a few days ago: fruit infused waters. I personally love drinking water, but I know that some people find it too tasteless, so this DIY is for you! Depending on how much fruit you add and how long you leave it to infuse, the taste could be quite faint or strong. I personally prefer it after a full 24 hours in the fridge, but you could drink it after infusing it overnight if you can't wait! I also think with a few added ice cubes, this could be the perfect summer drink, especially for something like a barbeque or garden party.

You Will Need:
3 Glasses. I used 3 'Mason Jar' glasses with lids. Make sure your glasses are big/small enough to fit in your fridge without risk of spilling.
Fruit of your choice. I used one lime, one orange and three large strawberries.
Water. I just used tap water, but you could use filtered if you prefer.
A sharp knife.
 
Method:
1. Decide what fruit you are going to use in your waters. I chose to make orange-strawberry-lime, strawberry-lime and orange-lime. You can totally go free-reign on this part: you could add lemon, raspberry, mint leaves... use your imagination!
 
2. Wash your fruit. Then slice up your fruit, leaving the skins on. You can remove the skin if you prefer, but I found it easier to slice with them on.
3. Put your sliced up fruit into each glass, depending on the infused flavour for each glass. For my strawberry-lime flavour, I added 2/3 of my strawberries and 1/2 of my lime slices. For the orange-lime-strawberry, I added 1/2 of my oranges, 1/4 of my lime and 1/3 of my strawberries. For the lime-orange flavour, I added 1/4 of my lime and 1/2 of my orange.
 
4. Once the fruit has been added to all glasses, top them off with cold water. Put them into the fridge to infuse overnight. I found that they tasted a lot stronger once left for a full 24 hours, but they're still pretty tasty if just left overnight!
 
5. Enjoy your fruit infused water! Make sure they stay in the fridge before you drink them, and finish them all within 2 - 3 days.
I personally enjoyed the strawberry-lime flavour the most, and next time I'll definitely add some mint leaves, just because I think it'll compliment it well! I also want to try cranberry-raspberry, because that's my favourite flavour of flavoured-water! I hope you enjoyed this DIY - let me know if you ever try it out! x
 

19 comments:

  1. They sound so delicious! I love flavoured water so much but definitely interested in trying one of these out, thanks for sharing :) xx

    www.thejulyjournal.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I really like flavoured water too, so I really liked these! x

      Delete
  2. They look so good! I never thought of mixing fruits in the water! I was always strictly lemons or cucumber!

    Renee | Lose The Road

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Ooh, I might try cucumber in the future, maybe with some lime and mint leaves x

      Delete
  3. These look adorable! I always hear a lot about fruit infused water and how good it is for us, but honestly, I've never tried making some at home by myself. They sound so healthy and look so nice though! Can't say I enjoy lemon water though :(

    THOUGHTS IN TIFFANY BLUE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!:) I wasn't a huge fan of the citrus one, the strawberry was definitely my favourite! x

      Delete
  4. I love this idea and they look so much more appetizing that water alone. I'm definitely going to give this a go!

    Reinventing Neesha ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a great idea! And the Mason Jars are so cute!

    Carolyn x
    Carolyn’s Simple Life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! They're from Poundland! x

      Delete
  6. Mhmhm this looks so good! And using a mason jar is so cute XD xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are some great ideas for infusing water. Not only is it healthy and affordable, it could also be very fun and convenient to do. I’m pretty sure that a lot of people who get to read this would be interested in doing it. Anyway, thanks for sharing this with us, Lauren. Have a great day!


    Judith Harvey @ Aquaperfect

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were definitely a lot of fun, my younger sister loved them! Thank you! x

      Delete
  8. Girl, all I want right now is strawberry and mint water. Thank you for the idea, and also the inspiration to go out and find mason jar mugs!

    iamkelskels.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yessss strawberry & mint! I can't wait to use mint next time. Thank you for the comment! x

      Delete
  9. These look sooo cute! I love how you've put them in mason jars! When I tell people that I don't like water they give me the weirdest looks, I think I just have too much of a sweet tooth! But this sounds like such a good idea, i can imagine having one of these on a hot summers day!

    CLOTHING CONSCIOUS// FASHION & LIFESTYLE BLOG

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) the strawberry flavour would be perfect if you have a sweet tooth! x

      Delete
  10. These look pretty and i've not actually seen them like this before. My sister sometimes drinks fruit infused water but she has a water bottle with the tube down the middle where you put the fruit. Myself, I don't think i'd like all the 'bits' from the fruits getting in the water!

    Amy at Amy & More

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! Please feel free to leave your links - I'm always on the look out for new blogs to read xo

HEADER DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS