End of code

Wednesday, 25 March 2015

Roomspiration | Colour Pop Inspiration & Wishlist


There's something about the weather at the moment that makes me wanna re-decorate. Maybe it's the brightness, maybe it's a elusive warmth, or maybe it's just the fact that in every store there's a bunch of gorgeous home décor pieces. A few weeks ago I treated myself to some new bedding (photo here) and since then, I've scoured Pinterest and online for some cute 'colour pop' home décor ideas. Today I thought I'd share my findings!


You can embrace colour-pop in one of two ways: block colour or pattern. I like to have one 'main' pattern (in my case, my duvet) and then to co-ordinate block colour pieces around the colours within the pattern. Alternatively, you could choose a few staple colours and then choose a variety of patterns that clash, yet are all tied together because of the colours within them. Make sense? Personally, I prefer colour-pop accessories and textiles against a backdrop of white walls and neutral flooring - just because then it's easy to re-decorate in a few years/months time. I'm quite a seasonal home-décor lover, and I'll probably bring out my autumn/winter décor pieces as soon as September rolls around, so I like to have that option.
 
 
I adore all of the pieces I found! I was clearly attracted to anything pink, but I feel like I got a good variety of colours. Also, almost all items are available in different colours, including purple, green and blue. My favourites are the little blue Asda clock, the pink skull from eBay and the Ikea butterfly print.

Instagram | Twitter | Bloglovin | Pinterest | Goodreads

14 comments:

  1. Nice post. My favourite things you've listed are all items from the middle row. The tulips, Asda clock, and Yankee candle! I'm now inspired to redecorate for spring!
    Emily
    http://dreamuphappiness.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The little Asda clock is one of my favourite picks too! x

      Delete
  2. Awesome inspiration! I always love a pop of colour here and there inside my bedroom. But I do prefer patterns to color-blocking when it comes to interiors!
    Thanks for sharing, Lauren. <3

    THOUGHTS IN TIFFANY BLUE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I try and colour co-ordinate my colours to the colours in the pattern of my bedding :) x

      Delete
  3. Love this! It's exactly how I want to decorate my future (dream) house. White walls, wooden floors, and a grey and white colour scheme, with pops of bright colours.

    The photo frames are ace and I really like the idea of bright candles as well! :) xx

    Little Miss Katy | UK Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! This is pretty much how I want to decorate my dream home too! x

      Delete
  4. I'm in the process of redecorating and I am loving all the items you picked. Oh god I feel I spending spree coming on.
    Reinventing Neesha ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the coloured photo frames and butterfly print!

    Carolyn x
    Carolyn’s Simple Life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I might treat my Mum to the butterfly print, she loves butterflies! x

      Delete
  6. Such lovely pieces! I might try going for a white background and having bits of colour everywhere it looks so nice :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I really like the way white-and-colour looks together :) x

      Delete

Thank you for commenting! Please feel free to leave your links - I'm always on the look out for new blogs to read xo

HEADER DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS