2015 Wanderlust

If money was no object, where would you go?
 
2015 - the year my wanderlust finally made an appearance. I've never been interested in travelling before - I was more interested in holidays, the ones where you take a bucket and spade and lounge in the sun for a week. I think a lot of my disinterest in travelling has been to do with my anxiety, but this year is the year I'm trying to kick it's ass and I've been rewarded with emotional exhaustion and love & wonder of the world. So today I thought I'd share the Top 5 travel destinations that I'd love to visit within the next few years. Some of them are very adventurous, others not so much but nevertheless, they're on my list!

Morocco. Let's get the most unrealistic venture out of the way, shall we? Morocco is probably the place I'm least likely to visit on this list, but I didn't want to leave it out because I'm always fawning over photos of it on Pinterest. It's just so bright and colourful and unlike anywhere I've ever been. I can imagine this place would be WAY out of my comfort zone, especially in regards to food, but it is absolutely stunning.
Amsterdam, The Netherlands. Ever since reading Anne Frank's Diary (post here), I have been desperate to go to Amsterdam. I can imagine it's become even more popular since The Fault In Our Stars, too, but that book isn't the reason I want to go. Amsterdam seems like such a cool, chilled out place to visit, and the museums on offer are soooo tempting. I love museums and all things historical, so you'll most likely catch me on a city break rather than a trip to the Bahamas or something.
Cornwall, England. This is the only place on this list that I've actually visited before! I have so many memories of family holidays when I was little, and Cornwall will always hold  a special place in my heart. I love the beaches, the quaint little villages and the classic British summertime treats of Cornish ice cream and crabbing.
London, England. Can you believe I've never been to London before? The thought of it bloody terrifies me, but I'm desperate to go. I want to visit the National History Museum and take a look at Buckingham Palace and all of those other touristy things. I also want to have look around the shops we don't have in Bristol, like Victoria's Secret! London seems like a great place to people-watch, too, which is one of my favourite things to do.
Paris, France. Ah, Paris had to be on here, didn't it? I've dreamed of visiting this beautiful city since watching the Mary-Kate & Ashley film Passport To Paris like 25 million years ago. I love the culture and the fashion and the food, and it looks like SUCH a gorgeous place. If you're thinking of visiting Paris, check out this guest post! 7 Things To Know About Travelling In Paris.
 
Would/have you ever been to any of these places? If you have & you've written a blog post - please leave a link to it in the comments! xx
 

8 comments

  1. It does seem surprising that you have never been to London HOWEVER you are only 20 and I didn't actually go for the first time until I was 18! It is a daunting place, at least to us who don't live there. I've only been a handful of times and have only been to the city part, I'd love to explore all these London places I see on blogs!

    Cornwall is gorgeous, I bet it's not too far from you is it?
    Amy x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does seem so daunting! I'd love to go though, as I always see cool London hangouts on blogs too! & Cornwall is so lovely, it's not TOO far away from me, maybe a few hours. xx

      Delete
  2. I am so desperate to go to Morocco and Amsterdam - I hope I can make it this year! I've only been to London actually sight seeing once, as a kid; you're not the only one!

    Sammy xo.

    littlefickleblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping to go to Amsterdam next year, I'm so excited! x

      Delete
  3. I visited London and Paris when I was younger...
    I would love to visit them again...

    Made in Mauve

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never been to London either, so glad I'm not the only blogger that's not been!
    Love Hayley,
    Water Painted Dreams

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! Please feel free to leave your links - I'm always on the look out for new blogs to read xo