10 Things I've Learned About Cats (Since Owning One)

{Bailey & Luna}
 
In case you couldn't already tell, I am a huge cat lover. I've had cats since forever, but I've never really had my eyes opened to their behaviour properly before - at least until I got my kitten, Luna. My other cats were always quite mellow and quite un-kitten-like when they were younger, but Luna is completely insane and a lot more like how cats are described in general. So I thought I'd share my experience & thoughts in a cute little list of 10.


10 Things I've Learned About Cats (Since Owning One)
1. They're incredibly graceful, and yet can manage to knock everything off of the shelf they're walking along.
 
2. If your cat has fallen asleep on you, you are expected to remain in that exact position until they're finished sleeping. If you move, your cat will probably desert you for somewhere more comfortable. There's nothing worse than being ditched by a cat, because they probably wont come back and will ignore your pleas otherwise.
 
3. You don't own a cat, the cat owns you.
 
4. Much the same, the cat doesn't live in your house, you live in theirs.
 
5. Cat's don't care about your problems. I've tried many times to coax Luna into listening to me have a moan, but she'll either stare at me in disinterest or simply walk off and attack something.
{Weller}

6. That's another thing: They attack everything. I didn't know pulling on leggings could be such a dangerous experience.
 
7. They're completely indifferent to you, at least until they decide they're not anymore and want you to scratch their ears.
 
8. Dreamies are literal cat crack. Luna wont even move for me to reach her bowl if she hears me rattle the bag, she gets so excited. My Dad bought her a little cat stocking for Christmas (as did myself and my mum), and in the one he gave her there was this little plastic egg with two holes in the side. I now fill the egg with Dreamies, and it means that she has to get them out herself before she can eat them. It occupies her for a little while!
 
9. Cats enjoy killing things, and every so often they'll bring you home a 'special surprise' and leave it in the place they think you'll see it first, like your pillow or slippers. Pretend to appreciate it whilst you're shrieking. I feel like I've been quite lucky with Luna, as (adorably) all she's brought me so far is a peg.
 
10. Cats are incredibly independent little things, so when they choose to sit with you over everyone else, it gives such a special feeling. Also purring and padding are quite possibly the cutest things ever.
 

13 comments

  1. I've never owned a cat but I've heard all the stories. This is SUCH an interesting list, haha! Number 1 and 3 made me laugh! Thanks for sharing, Lauren. You made my day. Xx

    THOUGHTS IN TIFFANY BLUE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you haha! I didn't have cats until my early teens but I love them! xx

      Delete
  2. Aw hehe I loved this post chick!i can totally relate to all of the points you made!its all sooooo true!:-) ive always had cats but never had a dog before:) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you! I have both cats and dogs, plus horses and a few chickens haha! xx

      Delete
  3. P.s your cats are gorgeous little cuties!:-)xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha this is all so true! I grew up with cats but since moving out, I've resorted to feeding stray cats in my apartment complex. The first cat my family had always brought "special surprises" and often left them under my dad's car when he was gone on business trips. The cats my parents have now actually bring LIVE animals into the house. So there's been several instances where there's birds flying around or snakes. Your cats are so cute & beautiful!

    Jenny
    From the Desk of J

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, I can't imagine life without my Luna now! I dread the day she brings back something alive! My cat Bailey bring in mice all the time, it drives me insane! Thank you :) x

      Delete
  5. Aw your cats are adorable! I have 2 cats and 3 dogs (one of which is called Luna too!) and I know exactly where you're coming from with these!

    www.saltandchic.com // UK Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahah, these are so true. My cat definitely agrees with number 2... and she loves dreamies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Luna is OBSESSED with Dreamies, she'd eat the whole bag if she could! x

      Delete
  7. Hahaha this made me laugh. Every night is the same, when we moved house I bought mine a lovely cosey bed and if she slept in it once that was the height of it, much prefers my bed and regardless of the space she has to herself if it's not on top of me its smack bang in the middle of the bed so I don't have enough duvet to wrap around me or so I'm hanging out the side. Dare you move her and she will be up at the crack of dawn looking out for some food or just to get outside. Dare I move and she's up following me. Can't even get a shower without her sitting outside crying until I come out again. But she's just so damn cute! So I mean she can do whatever she likes :D Gotta love um'.

    www.simplysara.co.uk

    xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! Please feel free to leave your links - I'm always on the look out for new blogs to read xo