The Christmas Tag

 
 
1.  Do you prefer a real Christmas tree or synthetic?
I'm honestly not sure! I've only ever had one real Christmas tree in my whole 19 years, and I didn't particularly like it much. To be honest, I think we just chose one with a weird shape. I think that it's probably a lot nicer to have a real tree, but I've always had synthetic ones growing up so I guess I don't mind!
 
2.  You're in a coffee shop, it's December, what do you pick?
Hot Chocolate! I went through a huge coffee phase during the summer (I think it was the McDonalds Frappes that started it off) but I'm kind of over it now. Just a plain ol' hot chocolate for me, with a ton of whipped cream! I've been looking for some vegetarian marshmallows in supermarkets, but I just can't find any!


3.  Whats your favourite colour scheme for decorating the tree?
I love a kind of woodland theme, with little foxes and tartan bows and things. I absolutely love tartan for Christmas trees! There's such an amazing variety of decorations around this year, but they mostly seem quite neon and bright and fun, where-as I prefer the classic look.
 
4.  Giving or receiving?
Giving! There's nothing I love more than watching people open their presents on Christmas morning. Christmas is a time to tell those you love how much you love them, and I think that gifting is a nice way to show that, no matter what budget.
 
5.  To mince pie or not to?
I believed for the longest time that mince pies were made with minced meat. Seriously! But still, I don't like the smell of them which puts me off massively.
 
6.  What's your traditional Sunday lunch?
My step dad cooks the most AMAZING roast dinners ever. I used to have turkey at Christmas, but now that I'm a vegetarian I'm going to be having some kind of Quorn chicken joint thing. My favourite thing about Christmas dinner, though, is the vegetables and the roast potatoes. I literally don't eat anything else for days, I live off of left-overs.
 
7.  Christmas day fashion?
My family are super casual about Christmas day - we stay in our pyjamas until midday and then go and put on whatever new clothes we've received. I do like to play about with make-up at Christmas, though. My little sister and I always say we're going to dress up, but never do!

8.  What's your favourite Christmas song?
I've always loved Silent Night and Away In A Manger. Although I love the little instrumental song that plays in Harry Potter & The Chamber Of Secrets in the Christmas part of the film - it's actually my ring tone!
 
9.  What's your favourite Christmas film?
Elf! Elf is literally the best Christmas film ever. Also Mickey's Once Upon A Christmas. I watch it every year. Although my mum and I have been watching random Christmas films when they come on TV at the weekend, and some of them are so bad.
 
10.  Open presents before or after lunch?
 Always before! I don't know anyone who could bare to wait that long. We usually wake up in the morning, my sister and brother will hand out presents and I'll make all of the 'adults' (I refuse to count myself as an adult) a cup of tea. Then we'll all cosy up and take it in turns to open our presents.

I hope you enjoyed this final Christmassy post! And I hope you all have a wonderful, wonderful Christmas - and if you don't celebrate it, then I just hope you have a good day, anyway. xx

8 comments

  1. I love woodland vibes as well. Elf is hilarious!
    Amazing post, merry Christmas! :)

    Xoxo http://thoughtsintiffanyblue.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really lovely tag this is! I too, definitely prefer the 'classic' Christmas tree look.. feels much more homely,
    Also that instrumental song in Harry Potter is just beautiful, isn't it?
    Happy Holidays :)

    Love, Lucy
    www.farawaylucy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! & yeah I'm not a huge fan of the modern/neon tree decorations, I prefer the classic red and green :) Merry Christmas! x

      Delete
  3. While I do love receiving gifts and opening my presents I just LOVE shopping for other people and seeing their faces when their open their gifts :)

    Jessica
    the.pyreflies.org

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I think it's the nicest feeling ever seeing someone really appreciate and love a gift you've got them :) Merry Christmas! x

      Delete
  4. such a lovely christmassy post!

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! Please feel free to leave your links - I'm always on the look out for new blogs to read xo