DIY: Personalised Christmas Baubles (for less than £2!)


Hello everyone! Today I thought I'd share with you a simple little DIY I did a few days ago: Personalised Christmas Baubles. I've been Pinteresting like crazy recently and one of the things I've been looking up the most is DIY Christmas Décor, as my little sister is DIY-crazy and, well, I just like looking at things on Pinterest really. But I gathered the inspiration for these super simple baubles - that come in at £2 for the whole lot including equipment! (Thank the lord for Poundland) I made one each for my family - brother, sister, boyfriend, mum, dad and step-dad - as well as one for myself and they were so happy with them.



You Will Need:
A variety of coloured Permanent Markers i.e Sharpies. I bought my markers from Poundland and they worked perfectly! The colours I used were: yellow, black, blue, red and pink.
Baubles. I also got mine from Poundland. You can choose whichever colour/pattern/texture you like depending on your design/colour scheme! I chose silver, with a mix of matte, shiny and glittered effects.
Optional: Google Images or Pinterest (for reference)
 
Method:
The first thing you want to do is think up your designs. I went for butterflies for my mum, the 'Bethany Mota' peace heart symbol for my sister, the Star Trek symbol for my step dad, a 'mod' target for my dad, an Xbox controller design for my brother, Iron Man's mask for my boyfriend and a cat for me!
 
Once you've sorted out the designs, it's always best to do a quick little doodle of them on paper - that way you can test your own art skills before committing to permanent marker (this part took me a while) and also, you can arrange the colours of marker you'll need before starting.
 
Select your bauble and start designing! I drew the design on both sides of the bauble for some of them, as for others (like my boyfriends) I left the other side blank so I could write a little message. As for mine, I finished the other side with a little tail!
 
So that's it! If you'd like me to do a 'demo' post on any of the baubles showing my method for each design, let me know in the comments and I'd be more than happy to do one! xx

12 comments

  1. These are really cute! I love these ideas.

    Melissa
    wildflwrchild.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Iron Man one is so cool. This inspires me to make a superhero themed christmas tree some year haha. That would be amazing! Also, I tagged you to do the Liebster Award tag :)

    http://misslaurabora.blogspot.ie/2014/12/the-liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That sounds amazing! I'd love to do a Captain America one to go along with it - maybe next year! x

      Delete
  3. These are so cute, I love the Iron Man one! :)

    Jessica
    the.pyreflies.org

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a unique and cute idea, i love the cat one! xx

    Bek | Bekshaxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh wow the cat one is so cute! i wanna try and do this

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com

    ps. win £660+ worth of beauty products in my xmas giveaway! click here

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm really happy with how it came out x

      Delete

Thank you for commenting! Please feel free to leave your links - I'm always on the look out for new blogs to read xo