December Haulin' | Boots, Amazon & Charity Shops


Raise the alarms: there is make-up here on What Lauren Did Today. I'm not a huge fan of make-up (despite being an ex-beauty blogger - lolz*) but I've been dabbling back into lip products again recently and have made a few purchases which I thought I'd share. I also bought a certain book, a DVD, some Christmas decorations and the biggest bargain of my whole life.
 

Make Up. I tweeted a little while ago saying "I think I'm gonna buy a new lipstick tomorrow" and I totally enforced said tweet by actually buying four. First I picked up three of the Collection Work The Colour Lip Butters in the shades Vintage Rose, Cappuccino and Perfect Plum - peachy pink, nude and berry tone respectively. I've already tried the three out and despite their lack of staying power, the shades are beautiful. I've been wearing Cappuccino to death as a day-to-day shade, but I'm planning on debuting Perfect Plum at a party on Saturday night. The final lip product I bought was this Calvin Klein Lipstick in Delightful which is a really pretty pink. I managed to find this in my local Poundland (!!!) and haven't actually tried it yet, but it's definitely going to step into my lip rota at some point. Finally I picked up these two funky-patterned make-up brushes from Wilkinsons for £1 each. Out of all of the brushes they had, I chose the Pink Eye Make-Up Brush for blending concealer and the Blue Eyeliner Brush to replace the tiny little one I got with my gel liner.
Books & DVDs. This is actually a scheduled post and I've probably finished this book by the time this haul is up (I did - here's my review), but regardless: I bought Girl Online, the debut novel by Zoe Sugg (aka Zoella). I've read a few pages and to be honest, it's not really my cup of tea but I can see the appeal for younger girls. I pre-ordered it on Amazon for £5. I picked up a copy of Divergent from Sainsburys for £5 also!
Misc. The colour scheme in my house this Christmas is pink-grey-and-silver, as chosen by my 7 year old sister, and so when I saw these little glittery present decorations in a charity shop for 50p I couldn't leave them behind. I also picked up this cute knitted heart from Wilkinsons for my bedroom which was just £1.50. Honestly, Wilko's Christmas décor range is so on point this year, I could have spent so much. Finally, I picked up these absolutely bloody stunning black wedge heels from a charity shop for just £1!! They're New Look heels, so they're really good quality and they look like they've never been worn.
 
Wow, I just wrote a ton. Sorry about that haha. Have you guys found any bargains recently? xx
 

12 comments

  1. You've got some great items. I think I'll pass on reading Girl Online a lot of people have said it's aimed at the much younger generation
    Reinventing Neesha ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! yeah I wouldn't recommend it to anyone above the age of about 15 - 16 x

      Delete
  2. Love the color of that Calvin Klein lipstick! Its so pretty!

    Renee
    www.losetheroad.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg those wedges for only £1!!!! What a bargain :)
    Hayley
    Water Painted Dreams xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it's crazy! I was put in such a good mood by it haha, I was clinging onto them like they were going to be taken off of me! x

      Delete
  4. The knitted heart's so cute and those New Look heels are gorgeous! :)

    Colorful Closets

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! & I know aren't they lovely! Literal bargain of my life haha x

      Delete
  5. The makeup brushes are so cute! And the wedges, what an absolute bargain!

    Sophie x | sophhskii.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! & I know, I was so so happy to find them! x

      Delete
  6. I love the look of the Collection lip butters! I never expect glossy-type products to stay so I guess you can't complain for that price :) xx

    Magpie Jasmine || GIVEAWAY!: Urban Decay/Nars/Charlotte Tilbury/Too Faced

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah definitely, they're such lovely quality for the price! xx

      Delete

Thank you for commenting! Please feel free to leave your links - I'm always on the look out for new blogs to read xo