Top 5 Non-Romantic Fictional Relationships

Hello everyone! Today I thought I'd share my Top 5 Non Romantic Relationships. You may realise that there is one glaring relationship missing from this post*, but I think that it's such a classic and well-known partnership that practically everyone knows what their relationship like so thought I'd miss them out. (5 points to Gryffindor for guessing who I'm talking about ;) ) Most of my favourite non-romantic relationships seem to be bromances (definition: an extremely affectionate relationship shared between two men that is not sexual/romantic in any way.) although there is one double-female pairing and one male-female one.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows // Harry & Hermione. This relationship is present through-out all of the Harry Potter books, but I don't think it becomes as special until The Deathly Hallows, when Hermione remains with Harry despite Ron's departure. What I love about this friendship (despite some interviews that state otherwise...) is that there is no indication that they'd every be anything other than friends. Harry & Hermione have had several conversations regarding their own love lives, but in none of them has there been awkward/jealous feelings shown. Yay for a male-female friendship that isn't filled with sexual tension!
 
Mockingjay // Katniss & Johanna Mason. After meeting in Catching Fire, it was pretty obvious Katniss and Johanna didn't really like each other. But during Mockingjay, their relationship evolves into a kind of unexpected friendship that I personally love. Their scenes are some of my favourites in Mockingjay, especially when they begin training and they're spurring each other on. It's nice to see a friendship that isn't particularly loud and proud, but it's obvious that they actually care about each other in their own quiet ways.
 
Clockwork Angel // Will & Jem. The first of my bromances! One of the reasons I love this relationship is because they are so accepting and protective over one another. Will's fierceness is balanced out by Jem's gentle nature which is so cute to read and Will's determination regarding Jem's 'illness' is so heart-breaking - especially during a certain scene in Clockwork Princess. One thing I don't like about the relationship is Tessa's involvement in it, but if I just forget about her then it's okay again!
 
The Lord Of The Rings // Merry & Pippin - Frodo & Sam. I think these two might possibly be my favourite of the bunch - especially Frodo & Sam. Merry and Pippin's relationship is a lot more light-hearted and fun than Frodo and Sam's, although Merry is definitely the most responsible out of him and Pippin, and he tends to keep him in check. I love how much they really need each other, and how deep-rooted their friendship is. But easily my favourite non-romantic relationship of all time is Frodo and Sam. When they're both climbing Mount Doom and Sam says "I can't carry the ring for you, but I can carry you!" and carries Frodo up the mountain... tears are shed on my part, let me tell you. Their friendship is so honest and full of love and respect, and they're so fiercely protective over one another - I can't tell you how amazing they are.
 
So those are my favourite non-romantic relationships! What are yours?
 
 
* obviously I was talking about Sherlock & John Watson

15 comments

  1. Great list! Will and Jem have the most amazing little bromance going on... but come on. Tessa and Jem are amazing. In fact, Tessa and both of them are pretty good. They should just have a threesome. Too far?

    -M
    The Life of Little Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha this comment made me laugh so much. I admit I'm a huuuuuge lover of Tessa & Will though! Jem and Tessa were lovely together, but I think that Will was the one! x

      Delete
  2. Frodo and Sam definitely have a powerful friendship. I want to watch the movies now, haha it's been awhile!

    Jessica
    the.pyreflies.org

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! & aw I re-watched them all for the first time in so long a few days ago, they're just as amazing as I remember! x

      Delete
  3. I love Harry & Hermione too! Their friendship is something really special. :)

    Colorful Closets

    ReplyDelete
  4. Harry Ron and Hermione have the best friendship ever! I wish they were real :/ haha I really liked this post, it's different to what I usually see :)

    DiscoverMe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you! I wish they were real too, I think I'd get on so well with Hermione! x

      Delete
  5. Yeah, I love all of these too! My favourite Harry/Hermione moments are actually ones from the films though... The part where Hermione is upset about Ron and Lavender, and when they do their little dance!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this blog, it's brilliant - Harry and Hermionie's friendship is perfect!! J.K Rowling has really created perfect characters x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you! & I do really love their friendship. JK Rowling is definitely the best at creating characters! x

      Delete
  7. Agh, what is this relationship that you missed out? Can't seem to guess. Is it Ron and Harry?

    http://thoughtsintiffanyblue.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH WAIT IS IT HARRY AND MALFOY LIKE A FETISH

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahahaha! Noooo! It was Sherlock & John Watson (although I think you could also kind of consider them a fetish too tbh)

      Delete

Thank you for commenting! Please feel free to leave your links - I'm always on the look out for new blogs to read xo