Mini Autumn Haul | Primark & Boots

 
A few weeks ago I sent myself out on an Autumnal mission: buy knitwear, scarves and tights. And what did I come back with? None of those things, but I did get a few things that I love! I ventured into Primark and strangely only came out with three things, and then on a trip to Boots I bought myself two things that I had been after for a while. So here they are!


Boots. First thing's first: this mustard yellow nail varnish from Barry M (£3.99). Everyone in my family hates this, but I completely adore it. For some reason mustard yellow is my colour this autumn and I can't find any nice knitwear in the shade so the next best thing is to wear it on my nails! Actually on it's quite similar to gold (just without being shiny/sparkly) and the Gelly shine finish is really flattering. I am super pale and it doesn't make my hands look yellow/washed out so it's amazing! Secondly I bought the Collection Gel Liner in Black. I was in the market for a new eyeliner and I've always wanted to try a gel one, so I was scouring the shelves for one that was budget-friendly for my first try. This one was on sale for £3.99 reduced from £4.99 and after swatching compared to other liners this one was a winner. I've worn it a few times and it honestly lasts all day.

Primark. So you know how, at Primark they stash loads of random bits and pieces by their tills to tempt you to buy last minute? I usually am quite good at avoiding these sales tactics but this time I gave in because: Jelly Belly lip balm. Jelly Belly are actually my favourite sweets brand (they make jelly beans) and I've also tried their bath range before and it's amazing. So when I saw lip balm how could I walk away? I got the coconut one, which was £1.50. Do I need another lip balm? Probably not. But I just can't stop buying them. Send help. Next thing I bought in Primark was this grey knit beanie. This is completely out of my comfort zone because 1. it's a hat and 2. it has gems on. I'm not normally a sparkles kinda gal but I thought that I could toughen it up with some black skinnies and a leather jacket, non? It was £3 which is a complete bargain. Finally I bought some black cut out boots which were £15. These are the comfiest boots ever, even without socks (forgive me) and the little cut out section means that with socks you can add an extra touch to an outfit. Granted they're not the most well made boots I've ever seen, but I'm not planning on wearing them too much so they'll suffice! xx

8 comments

  1. I've nominated you for the 'One Lovely Blog Award'!
    http://rimmelsmudge.blogspot.co.uk/2014/10/one-lovely-blog-award.html
    If you take part, please send me the link, I'd love to read it :) Thanks! x x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you! I'd love to take part x

      Delete
  2. Those boots are to die for!! And I'm loving the nail polish colour. You have good style ;) New follower xx

    -M
    The Life of Little Me

    ReplyDelete
  3. The new Barry M range is gorgeous, love that colour :)
    Hayley
    Water Painted Dreams xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! I really like the burgundy shade too x

      Delete
  4. I am in the same boat. Loving yellow at the moment a bit too much. Really want to find a good coat with in budget in the same colour. The nail colour would add a nice pop of colour in your winter outfits. Off to buy me some soon.

    Regards
    D, x

    www.dellilahsnotebook.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really want to find a nice mustard yellow knit as well! x

      Delete

Thank you for commenting! Please feel free to leave your links - I'm always on the look out for new blogs to read xo