DIY: Simple Autumn Candle Holder

 
Hello! Today I thought I'd share a ridiculously simple Autumnal DIY. I did this myself a few days ago as I wanted some Autumnal accessories for my fireplace and thought that instead of just showing them off, I'd show you what I used. It really is almost criminal to call this a tutorial because really, you just put both things in a glass and it's finished but I thought some of you might find it inspiring/useful.  
 
You Will Need:
Shelled Nuts (Almonds, Hazelnuts, Brazil nuts, Walnuts)
Tea lights
A glass (I used a tall wine glass and a mug, but you can use whichever you prefer)
Optional: ribbon, glitter, shredded tissue paper.
 
Method:
Take your glass/mug and fill it with the nuts so that there's about an inch between the rim of the glass and the nuts. Arrange the nuts in a way that makes the top semi-flat. You may need to fiddle about to get it just right.
 
Take your tealight and place it in the centre of the mug/glass, right on top of the nuts. At this point, take a few Hazelnuts and Almonds and fill in the edges around the candle so there are no gaps.
 
And that's it! I told you it was simple.
 
Once you've finished, you can decorate the glass/mug in any way you like. I just nestled some gold shredded tissue paper around the bottom of mine, but you could tie ribbon or make It sparkle with glitter and glue. Go wild! x
 

8 comments

Thank you for commenting! Please feel free to leave your links - I'm always on the look out for new blogs to read xo