6 Vegetarian Recipes I Want To Try

Since becoming a vegetarian back in July of this year, I've been having a lot of fun experimenting with different meal options that obviously don't include meat. And whilst I involve the vegetarian substitutes sometimes (such as sausages and stir-fry chicken) I really want to begin eating meals that are completely composed of vegetables. So I took to Pinterest and BBC Goodfood to source some recipes to try out and thought I'd document my findings on my blog. These meals could be for any other veggies out there, or maybe if you like the sound of them you'd consider having a 'No Meat Monday' once a week/month!

The Sweet Potato Burger.
Even before I was a veggie I didn't like beef burgers. I don't really know why, I just didn't like the taste. So finding a veggie burger option wasn't really a hard transition for me, especially when I came across these two sweet potato options. The first (left) is made up of baked sweet potato and white cannellini beans, although the author says that brown rice or seeds can substitute the beans! The second option (right) is from the same site as the first, but instead of sweet potato and beans, it's made from sweet potato and peanuts and features a delicious-sounding BBQ flavour. Both recipes are also vegan!
The Veggie Curry.
This vegetarian curry's main features are potatoes and cauliflower, although you could easily just throw in anything you like! Personally I'd add in some sweet potato as well as plain potatoes (as you can tell I have a thing for sweet potato) although if you're a fan of chickpeas, parsnips or any other root veg I'm sure it'd come out amazing.
Click for recipe: Cauliflower & Potato Curry

The Spicy Option.
I've never had enchiladas before and this is probably the recipe that I'm in two minds about trying, but just from the photo it looks delicious. Packed with beans, tomato sauce and cheese, it's definitely something for a cold winters day!
Click for recipe: Bean Enchiladas

The Pasta Dish.
I am a huge, huge fan of pasta bakes and I also love broccoli cheese and so the two together is just heaven on earth. Definitely indulgent as it contains a lot of milk and cheese, plus the pasta carbs but switching plain pasta out for wholegrain pasta will make a small difference. This recipe can also be made in advance and then frozen, so perfect for nights when you don't have much time/energy to cook.
Click for recipe: Cheesy Broccoli Pasta Bake

The Comfort Classic.
Everyone I know loves a good Shepard's Pie during A/W, but this veggie recipe sounds so amazing that I'm sure it will convert my family! The filling is made up of big, chunky carrots and lentils but I'd also add peas and broccoli. The potato topping is sweet potato sprinkled with cheese which sounds and looks delicious.
Click for recipe: Veggie Shepard's Pie

If any of you have vegetarian recipes posted on your blog, feel free to leave a link in the comments! x

2 comments

  1. Oh my gosh this is making me so hungry! I definitely wanna try some of these, especially the pasta bake x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It looks gorgeous doesn't it! The sweet potato burgers are also at the top of my list x

      Delete

Thank you for commenting! Please feel free to leave your links - I'm always on the look out for new blogs to read xo