The Harry Potter Tag

 
I spotted this tag earlier on today on Hayley's blog Water Painted Dreams (a blog you should follow!) and simply had to do it. I re-read The Goblet Of Fire a few days ago and completely re-discovered my obsessive adoration of Harry Potter. I'm nearly finished with The Order Of The Phoenix but after that I'm going to skip right back to the beginning and re-read The Philosophers Stone. Anyway, on to the tag!
 
1. What is your favourite book?
My favourite book is Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. I think that this is the book that we really begin to explore the wizarding world. We go further into the Hogwarts grounds for the events of the Tri-Wizard Tournament and we finally go down into the kitchens with the house elves! Dobby's re-appearance was absolutely awesome. I also love the Quiddich World Cup. I just feel like we really dig deeper into the world than we have done previously, which is something I adore reading.
 
2. What is your favourite film?
Hmm. I'm not sure - I'm a fan of The Half-Blood Prince because they finally give Harry some of the sass that he has in the book! Aside from that, The Deathly Hallows Part 2 and where it all began in The Philosophers Stone. I would say The Goblet Of Fire but I feel like they missed out so much of the stuff that I adored from the book.
 
3. What is your least favourite book?
Up until recently it was The Order Of The Phoenix (I always stopped reading when they went to the Ministry for some reason) but I've rediscovered my love for it this time around reading. I've always kind of skipped over The Prisoner Of Azkaban. I have no idea why, I just feel not as much happens that really sucks me in.
 
4. What is your least favourite film?
I think probably The Prisoner Of Azkaban following on from the point above. It annoyed me that they didn't spend more time in Diagon Alley at the beginning of the book, which was something I would have loved to have seen.
 
5. What parts of the books/films made you cry?
Embarrasingly, I started crying in the cinema when Dobby died in the Deathly Hallows Part 1. I was watching it in 3D as well so it made it worse. I don't think I cried at all whilst reading the books. I re-read the Deathly Hallows recently and got a bit teary during all of the many deaths, but as a kid I don't think it affected me much.

6. If you could hook up with any character who would it be?
Definitely Ron! I've always had a bit of a thing for him. I prefer him with short hair though - the hair cuts in the Goblet Of Fire were a bit much for me!
 
7.  Who is your favourite character?
I think maybe Luna. In the book she was absolutely hilarious (less so in the films, I feel) but I've always liked her. I also think she has the prettiest name.
 
8. Who is your least favourite character?
Dolores Umbridge. I'm currently reading the Order Of The Phoenix and she actually makes me feel enraged, I have to practice steady breathing. She's just so awful. Her little trick with the quill during detention as well - shudder, she is vile.

 9. What is your least favourite line?
 Is there a line anything less than perfect?!

10. What would your Patronus be?
 I've given this a lot of thought (probably more than necessary) but I don't honestly know. I'd like to say a penguin because they're my favourite animal, or maybe a pug. Probably a Squirtle though haha! I'd be a muggle born so I'd definitely know about Pokémon. Could you imagine that? All of the pure bloods would have no idea.

11. If you could have the resurrection stone, invisibility cloak or elder wand which would you chose?
 Definitely not the Resurrection Stone. What happened in the story of the three brothers is enough to put me off. I think I'd feel really nervous handling the Elder Wand as well - I'd constantly be paranoid people would battle me for it. The Invisibility Cloak, definitely.

12. Which house would you be in?
 I'd love to say Ravenclaw, but on Pottermore I was sorted into Slytherin! Oh, the shame. I'd be a nice Slytherin though, honest.

13. If you could meet any member of the cast who would it be?
 Probably Emma Watson. She's beautiful and definitely a good role model for younger girls.

14. If you were on the Quidditch team which position would you play?
  I've never been on a sports team in my life, so I have zero experience but I think I'd probably be a Seeker. I'd like to just linger back and focus on one thing instead of being a part of all the action!

15. Were you happy with the ending?
 I don't like it because I think it's sealed pretty tightly! I'd love to read something about the Marauders or maybe even Harry's kids life at Hogwarts.

16. How much does Harry Potter mean to you?
 The Harry Potter books mean the world to me. Whenever I'm having a hard time with my anxiety or depression I always turn to them because the fantasy elements help me forget about life for a while. Hermione was also a great role model for me as a kid, because I was such a bookworm and super nerdy when I was at school and I really identified with her because of this.
 

No comments

Thank you for commenting! Please feel free to leave your links - I'm always on the look out for new blogs to read xo