The Reading Habits Tag

I spotted this tag on Alice's blog AlzGalzz and thought it sounded adorable so I tagged myself. Is that awkward? I think it's so interesting to learn how other people enjoy reading so thought I'd give it a go. 
 
1. Do you have a certain place for reading at home?
I read in my bedroom when I'm at home, or my dad's living room when I'm at his house. I have a 6 year old sister and two dogs so reading at home is very difficult because they're all so noisy!
 
2. Bookmark or random piece of paper?
I'm one of those people who folds the corners of the page down. Don't hate me. I used to use bookmarks but they always fell out and then I would lose my page and it would drive me crazy. I have seen a few cute bookmark DIYS on Pinterest though, so might give them a go!
 
3. Can you just stop reading or do you have to stop after a chapter or certain number of pages?
I can literally just stop reading and then pick right back off mid-sentence.
4. Do you eat or drink when reading?
As bad as it sounds I can literally go for hours without eating or drinking if I'm reading. I just get completely immersed into it that I forget normal human things, like needing to pee or acknowledging people when they're talking to me. 
 
5. Do you watch TV or listen to music when reading?
Oh God, no! I need to read in dead silence. I get distracted too easily.
 
6. One book at a time or several at once?
I currently have about four books on the go and usually am never reading just one. I like to mix and match between long and short books as when I'm reading one for the long haul, it's nice to take a step back and read something quick and easy before getting back into it again. Not only that but sometimes when I'm pushing myself to finish a book, I like to take a step back from it so I don't begin to resent it too much.

7. Reading at home or everywhere?
I have to read at home. I can't read in public, there are just too many distracting things around!

8. Reading out loud or silently in your head?
Silently, although during fangirl moments I do embarrassingly start giggling/squealing at random.

9. Do you ever read ahead or skip pages?
 If there's a huge secret in the story, or a massive plot twist, I do read ahead to find out what's going to happen. I honestly can't enjoy a book if I'm constantly trying to work something out! Occasionally I'll even Google it! Oh God it's so bad. I have been known to skip pages/paragraphs if I find something boring though.

10. Breaking the spine or keeping it new?
I hate breaking the spines of my books. I do tend to do it if they're massive though because I find them really uncomfortable to hold otherwise.

11. Do you write in your books? 
No! I wish I could though, I would highlight the quotes that I like. But I just can't bring myself to do it. I did see one of my favourite YouTubers ABookUtopia stick post-it notes into the book to mark interesting/favourite parts, so I might try that the next time I want to review something.
 
12. What are you currently reading?
I'm currently reading City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare, a few snippets of The Fellowship Of The Ring by JRR Tolkien and Warm Bodies by Isaac Marion. I really want to start The Maze Runner soon, too!
 
I tag anyone who reads this!

10 comments

  1. This is a great tag, I think I'll do it myself!
    Hayley
    Water Painted Dreams xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll keep an eye out on your blog for it :) x

      Delete
  2. Yep, I think I'll do this too! Some interesting questions there!
    I don't know how you read so many books at once, but I can see how it would work when reading a really long one! It took me ages to read the Game of Thrones books, and I think if I had read a short story mid-way through maybe it would have helped!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's taking me forever to read the first Game Of Thrones & I start to resent books if I'm struggling, so I just find it easier to switch around :) xx

      Delete
  3. Great to see that you did the tag :)
    Thanks for adding the link

    Alice x
    alzgalz.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha! 'I can literally go for hours without eating or drinking if I'm reading' yep, I've been there!!
    I love that you spoil the twists by googling it/looking forward! and I've been know to fangirl over certain parts of books!! Some parts are just too exciting to keep it bottled up inside!! :)
    ooooh!! City of Ashes is AMAZING!! I just finished the 3rd book the other week and I can't wait to start on book #4 xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I'm just so impatient that I have to know what's going to happen! It probably should stop though haha. I definitely need to get a move on and finish City of Ashes! x

      Delete
  5. This is such a lovely tag! I even answered the tag on my blog http://priyankas-infusion.blogspot.co.uk/2014/10/the-reading-habits-tag.html. You definitely need to read The Maze Runner its so good... and there's even a film out :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! & I've read The Maze Runner since writing this post, I reviewed it as well :) x

      Delete

Thank you for commenting! Please feel free to leave your links - I'm always on the look out for new blogs to read xo